Thursday, May 29, 2014

Whats a good sports car under $80,000?

Q. I saw a few ferrari 360's under 80 but i also like porsche caymans. Any idea what kind of car i should get. I want something that will turn heads
Im not a woman thats just the original name i used for some reason when i created this account. And to "V" I already drive a 2004 Mustang GT


Answer
Personally with that money I would go with a Nissan GTR 2009 or 2010. They turn heads! And you can get them for like 60k-ish now. The rest of the money would have to go to mods. Exhaust and paint is all you need. Maybe a rear seat delete with a carbon fiber fill in. :)
Ferrari 360s are nice, my dream car when I was a kid in fact, but they are outdated! When you roll up next to a new 458 you'll start crying when they speed off before your traction control knows what to do. Porsche Caymans are nice, but too slow for their price. Lambos can't turn.
New Mazzies are out of your range.
Or you could get a 94-97 Supra, ship it to Top Secret in Japan, let them mod it to 1200hp and ship it back!

What sports cars should I look into?




Xylarax2


I have a Subaru Impreza right now, and I'm looking to get something new. I have broad tastes but am looking at something for 30-60k price range. I am looking at the Evo X, WRX STI, Lotus Elise, and 370z. I'm wondering if there are other vehicles I should look into. I'm not a fan of VW, Audi, BMW, Mercedes (mostly aesthetic issues).

I'm looking for something fun, 2 doors 2 seats is fine. Porsche seems slightly above my price range. I want racing suspension, so luxury vehicles are out, but sound system and leather seats are both nice. if above 3k lbs. 300+ hp required.
I will probably grab a bike eventually, but they accomplish very different goals. I live in Washington State, and motorcycles aren't very fun in the rain, and we have a lot of it.



Answer
If you're looking for a 'Sports car' you really should not include the little 4 or 5 seat sports sedans. A true sports car is a two seater, or at most, a 2+2 coupe.

If you want a true sports car, you can't go far wrong with a Chevrolet Corvette. They're still available new for under $50k The Porsche Boxter is also in the under $60k price range. If you want smaller and lower priced, Mazda is still building the MX5 (Miata.) Saturn Sky/Pontiac Solstice are out of production now, but still nice little cars for a budget price.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment