Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Fastest Car Possible For $10,000?




Case R


I like mainly sports car but m also thinking about a Ford SVT Lightning


Answer
Early 90s LT1-powered Corvette C4 or early 90s Nissan 300ZX with the twin turbo

First car suggestions, need help?




Pawletoe


ok not really. I have a jeep liberty but i dont consider mine it i haz thee pink slip! >=l

this is what I am looking for in a car:
-coupe(sedan if cheaper)
-manuel
-modifiable

The no-nos in my next car:
-v8
-4wd/awd(*sigh* bye Subaru *cries*)

I want to learn drifting in this car. I will probably take it out to the tracks for my first time as well (once most mods are completed). Besides that, your everyday average driving car.

Budget:less than 10k, The cheaper the better.
oh cmon rouge. don't give that you old hag.
I said THE CHEAPER THE BETTER. I'm NOT looking for a NEW car. I love the Cobalt but I need something cheaper. Screw the economy, I need to get from point A to point B so I can work. All american my ass. American automakers laughed at japan for not much muscle. Now who is laughing?



Answer
There are actually quite a few cheap and sporty coupes and sports cars that could meet your needs. Here are my personal short list of RWD cars for an aspiring racer or drifter which you can still live with.

Nissan 240 - universal drift car of choice. It's cheap, practical, and easily modified. The only downside is every other drifter will have one too.
BMW 325is - the E30 and E36 generations (80s-90s) offer a good blend of performance and (relative) affordability.
Volvo 242 Turbo - slightly oddball choice, but Volvo's old rwd coupes can make a surprising amount of power
Mazda Miata - great handling and fun, but low power (when stock) and practicality
Ford Mustang and Chevy Camaro - cheap and unrefined power, but the ones you want obviously don't meet your no-V8 criteria

I personally have a 1990 Mazda Miata that I race in autocrosses regularly. Though not very powerful in stock form, the balance and predictability of its handling makes it very controllable in slides. I also drove it rain, snow, or shine for years without any real problems.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment