Monday, May 26, 2014

Can I afford a new car?




thehistory


I'm 22 years old. I started a job at a tech company. My overhead is pretty low. I save about $2400 a month. I have around $15,000 in the bank. I'm thinking about getting a $50,000 sports car. If I put down $5,000, my monthly payment would be $800 a month for 60 months. My friend's dad also works at an Audi/Porsche dealership so I'd be able to get $4000 off a MSRP $48,000 Audi S4. Do you think I should save my money or get the car if I'm going to enjoy it a lot.


Answer
you can't afford a new car that costs $50000 buy a 1 or 2 year old model they lose 30% of their value in the first two years

I am in the market for a new car and considering the BMW 3 Series and the Audi A4.?




Smokestack


If you have experience with these cars please answer and what do you recommend? Who is the most reliable? Fun to drive? Practical, best warranty etc.
I am primarily looking at the 328i, but will consider the 3351 also. 40wheel drive would be nice also, I live where it does snow in the winter.



Answer
I am considering these cars also. Both cars can come in awd (Quattro and xdrive). I test drove both cars, the bmw is more fun but the Audi is not that far away. The bmw will be a little more reliable than the Audi as well. If you are going to have people in the back seat
choose the Audi, the bmws back seats are hard... Not great for long trips. It also depends on the options you want for example the Audi can have a wi-fi hotspot which the bmw cannot, and the bmw can come with a head up display in which Audi is yet to put in their a4. I personally like the styling of the Audi better (with the s-line package) but the bmw with the sport package or m sport package is also a head turner. The bmw comes with a no cost maintenance for I think for a certain amount of miles or years except for tires, and the Audi does not. If your budget is tight maybe at 50000 you can get an Audi a4 prestige(USA) for 45000 but if you add the s-line package and adaptive cruise control you can go over 50000, this is probably the highest your audi will go. The bmw on the other hand will have a lot of options... And if you get all that you want, it will easily exceed 50000. The lowest I configured with the bmw was 47000... Sport line head up display, navi and heated front seats,etc. I love both cars and have been an Audi fan for years but I still can't decide. It's certainly a hard choice for me.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment