Friday, May 30, 2014

Is a 2006 Audi A4 a good car?




Vandere


I'm buying a first car and my mom was saying that she could easily afford a used Audi, Mustang, or something around that price range if i wanted one, only if I financed it, and I saw a used 2006 Audi A4 at my nearby Audi dealer for 16k. I talked to my mom and she said it is reasonable and she would think about it.

But basically what im asking is if the 2006 Audi A4 is a good car? The one listed is FWD (Not Quattro) 2.0T and has 50k miles on it. Since it is FWD, compared to quattro, it pretty economical. It gets 24 city, 32 highway.

Thanks and hope for a good answer. If the answer is no, id also like some recommendations for alternatives.



Answer
The Audi A4 is a premium compact executive luxury car, offering a sublime interior and a decent drive.

Some things to take note of:
- Maintenance costs would be costly; Audi is a premium luxury marque.
- Old Audis have a dodgy reputation for reliability, but this model year should be fine.
- Insurance quotes can be expensive.
- The turbo will cost you a lot to replace when it spoils. (in about 6-7 years later)

True, you could get a brand new car for $16,000, but those cars are of a lower class, resulting in them being less luxurious/ comfortable/ classy/ great to drive.

Do your research before buying it. Google '2006 Audi A4 reliability'" for some reliability ratings.
If your budget is good, I would go for it.
It is a very classy way of getting around, in comfort, luxury and has the drive to match its looks.
Good luck! :)

I am trying to find an insurance company that will insure a fleet of luxury cars. Some worth over 150,000?




Nick


This would be for a rental company. The problem that I am coming across is that no company insures cars worth over $100,000. The other thing I am looking for in an insurance company is one that would freeze my rates if my cars haven't been rented for a while. I have called an endless list of insurers and even the most promising one won't cover vehicles over $100,000. If anyone knows of any companies that do cover cars of this price-point I would greatly appreciate the tip. Thanks to all taking the time to read this!!


Answer
Here's the scoop: car rental companies have the HIGHEST physical damage rates. You're GOING to have 30% of your cars totalled in a year, and 60% with some kind of physical damage claim. What's the TOTAL value of your fleet? Budget THAT for physical damage coverage.

That's why REAL car rental companies 'self insure' that physical damage coverage. CAN you buy physical damage coverage? Yes. But you're not going to get "odds". If you have a $3,000,000 fleet, you'll be paying $3,000,000 in premiums a year for physical damage coverage.

You will not be able to buy this yourself - you will HAVE to use a local agent. And if you called ME for a quote, I'd explain this to you, and if you still insisted I put the work (I'm estimating 30 hours of my time), I'd charge you a $5,000 broker fee, to be refunded IF you buy the coverage through me, just to cover my time.

That's why you're having a hard time getting quotes - everyone is pretty damn sure you're just wasting their time. Plus, you don't go from zero, no prior coverage in the industry, to owning a fleet of rental cars - and again, since REAL rental car companies don't carry physical damage coverage, just asking for it is a major hint that you don't have a clue what you're doing, and don't know how either insurance or the rental car industry works - which is a recipe for either a major fraud case, or a bankrupt insured - neither of which an insurance company wants to deal with.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment