Saturday, June 7, 2014

Is a classic muscle car a good choice for daily driver, such as a chevelle?




Seamus


I love old muscle cars i have always wanted one forever.
I would like a 68-72 chevelle. is the a reachable goal?
I have 12-16 thousand dollars to spend. I would like a chevelle.
If you own one could you plaese tell me how great they are or how often they break down and how much is needed to keep them a daily driver?
if this idea of driving a classic muscle car is not possible what type of car would satisfy my love for classic muscle?
if i did get a chevelle is it worth buying a true ss or should i get a cloned ss because they are cheaper?
4 speed or automatic?
and how high would the insurance be for an 18 year old in new jersey driving a chevelle.
please put in your comment if you have or had a chevelle so i can see who has had actual experince with one of these treasures.

Thank You
I was planning on using my 95 chevy 1500 work truck during the winter because i no how bad the salt effects these cars
to get a nice daily driver how much would i need
im not looking for a show car just something i can enjoy and wont have it in the shop every other week
i dont plan on driving in bad weather
i want to keep it as a nice car for a long time
i plan to take good care of it



Answer
I'm actually looking to get the same car, but

For high school I had a 1969 camaro ss "clone" 4 speed. I don't want to sugar coat my answer, and will say I would not have changed my choice at all, but it's no picnic using these cars as a daily driver. The positives were it was my first car, it gets attention every where you go, and it will never lose it's value. Some cons I ran into are it's not like a normal car you can't just jump in, and go like a fuel injected car. The one huge problem I ran into is that the car would constantly overheat & die. With mine I would constantly have to rev it to keep it running, and when ever I parked I would have to wait 45-60 mins till it cooled. Also the 8mpg was no joke, and killed the wallet. Also another thing I ran into was that I LOVE my car, and something I ran into was the inability to sell the car even when I needed to. I have listed the car so many times, but just cant bring myself to sell. I've told myself now that if I can get a chevelle I will, but it's hard to go back to a normal car after having one so be careful of that.

Final suggestion: I would say get one, if you are willing to sacrifice the luxuries of a normal car.

As far as a clone vs normal. With a clone your going to save money, but your car will never really go up in value. If you can for your money get a real one I would, but my suggestions would be get a clone, but try your best to get one with as many original parts as possible. Meaning get one with correct color paint, and ss parts as possible ie dash. Also don't get one with a super nice paint job, as that drives the buying price up, and also you don't have to worry about chips. Being an auto vs manual I love my 4 speed in my camaro, but like autos in chevelles so that's going to be a personal choice. I will say a manual adds value to the car. Insurance is super reasonable I think I paid 110 /month maybe less can't remember, buts that's in texas. Also you say your high end price is 16k, try to get one for 12-13 because your going to need that extra when things go wrong. My engine had a rod go thru the block, and has sat in my garage for 2yrs cause I don't have the money to fix it.

Insurance on A Luxury Car for 18 Year Old?




Adrian P


im 18 years old. i live in texas, i was looking at some used luxury vechiles such as:

2004 Jaguar S-type $18,500
2007 Cadillac CTS $19,000
2006 Mercedes Benz SLK280 $20,000
2006 Infiniti M35 $19,000

what type of insurance payments am i looking at if i choose one of these cars.

i really want the jaguar
but what would be best for me to choose and can somebody give me an estimate on insurance payments on these vechiles

Because im trying to decide if i should buy a car and make payments on it or move out and rent a house or an apartment....im really looking for one these cars that i might be able to make payments on and still be able to make payments on an apartment because im not tryin to stay with my parents forever lol



Answer
An 18 year doesn't need a "luxury" car. Who are you trying to impress?




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment