Thursday, June 5, 2014

Do car dealers research their used inventory at all?




jldude


So, I'm looking at used cars online, and I'm apalled at the lack of info on most models. As a former car salesman myself, it's infuriating when people can't be bothered to include accurate information. Some ads are lucky to even have proper pictures of the ACTUAL car. Is this difficult? Are dealers SOOOO busy they can't do a little internet research and KNOW what the f*** they're trying to sell? I seriously see ads that say "great fuel economy, big trunk, shiny, economical, roomy...". If I was selling as much as a TV, I'd try to include as much info as possible, let alone a $10,000 car. I've walked onto lots and asked the salesman general questions and he clearly had no idea and was trying to bullsh*t me. Are people this lazy? Or do buyers just jump at the first "roomy" car?
First answer proves my point. General as can be. Canned, scripted info. TOTALLY off-point.



Answer
It's pretty sad really almost all dealers care about today is money and closing the sale. They prefer to hire young men and women that don't have any prior car sales experience so they can teach them theiwayay of selling which i already mentioned is close the sale. Some of truly professional car salesmen have moved to a luxury car dealer where they still like their salesmen to bknowledgeablele on the car they are selling. Lexus, Infiniti, Porsche, Audi and BMW among others. Still the experienced salesmen usually only know alot about the specific brand they are selling unlestheyepreviouslyly worked at another dealer where a particular car was sold. Also i think most of the online listings are assigned to the lowest salesman in the pecking order that don't know very much.

Range Rover vs Audi vs BMW?




Katee


I'm finally getting a new car because my infiniti's breaks aren't working so well, and have put me in bad situations where I've almost rear-ended several cars.

It's either 2009 Black RR supercharged, black 2011 Audi A4 or black 2010 BMW 528i .
I love, love big cars even though I'm petite and only 5'2. So I want the RR out of the three. What do you think would suit a 19 year old female better??? Please give good advice. I'm suppose to be getting it this Christmas so I need to give my dad an answer soon, or else I'll have to wait even longer.
I'm a girl, So I'm not trying to attract "hoes" ...
Nerveana: You're being a Debby downer. If I have the option of getting a vehicle I actually ENJOY driving, then why would I settle for less? Think about it, will ya.



Answer
You're sick of an unreliable Inifiniti so your solution is to get an even more unreliable Range Rover, Audi or BMW?

If you're 19, you don't need any of those. Christ, I'm a young professional and I drive a '96 Toyota Corolla and take public transit. If you're looking for a reliable luxury car, the only car worth getting is a Lexus. BMWs, Range Rovers and Audis are some of the most unreliable cars on the road.

You don't need a gas guzzler either. You're 19, get a hatchback and quit being a spoiled little brat.

EDIT: Audis are the most reliable? That's rich. They're like snow plows if they have quattros, but the problem is getting the car started. They're great when they work, but the problem is they don't work.

You would settle for less because you're a decent person who cares about her parent's pocketbooks and their ability to pay for the car and its upkeep. Apparently you're not that kind of person.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment