Monday, September 23, 2013

How do I protect my assets in times of recession?

luxury cars vs economy cars on Golf V Gti vs Golf V R32 vs Audi S3
luxury cars vs economy cars image



shaoween23


I have no faith in the dollar. The economy is going down the drain. I don't want to put my money in the bank because the dollar is just going to depreciate. The only thing that seems to raise in value are gold and food. Is it too early to give up on the economy now and invest my money in things that have more value? What advice can you give me?


Answer
It all depends on how much cash you have and how long you can miss it for investment purposes.

I put about half of my money in mutual funds (tax friendly assets because I won't have to pay estate tax over their value) and half in savings accounts (part of it tied up for 10 years to nail down a 4.25% interest rate). The reason I put some of my money in savings is I plan to buy a house in about 5 years and I do not want to have the risk of waiting for a down stocks market to rise again.

I trust stocks but you need to have the luxury of waiting for the right moment to cash in. My mutual funds investment are for retirement purposes so I have all the time in the world.

I only lost money in gold so I would never advise that for anyone. Of course for me it is different because I take a double risk (gold price in itself and USD vs EUR currency risk).

It is important to ask yourself. Why am I saving this? Is it for retirement, or for buying a car in a few years or something else? The amound and timeframe will dictate what options are most feasible.

do women in general like to drive luxury cars?




A


or do they like economy cars? or, if not, cars with leather seats.


Answer
Well atleast with my wife. When we were first dating she was driving a neon i had a dakota 4X4 V-8 she was scared to even drive it. I got her used to it and before i knew it whenever we would go someone she would take my keys and drive my dakota. When my lease was up we were married at that point. We decided to buy something. She shocked me the first thing she said was durango. I was all for it i leased one before and loved it. Now she has a durango with a hemi. Now i have a hell of a time just getting her to take my car just for the day vs driving the durango. So i think atleast with my wife she prefers sitting up higher, having a good amount of power under the hood (350 horses) and yeah heated leather seats are nice in michigan.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment