Tuesday, August 20, 2013

What are some nice first cars for a teen driver?

luxury cars 2010 on ... , quiet car you can buy without stepping into ultra-luxury territory
luxury cars 2010 image



Christophe


I have about $6 - 8,000 to spend on this car. Since I mainly would like to have a car with Electronic Stability Control (ESC) I know that my year range may have to move up to about 2001-2008. I really like the styling of the Volvo sedans (preferably the S40) but I also know that they aren't recommended as first cars because of their maintenance costs, reliability issues, etc. I also understand that with a price point like mine, my mileage on the car will be about or over 100,000.

What I'm trying to say is that I wouldn't like a high end luxury car like a BMW, but a vehicle with decent gas mileage, creature comforts like leather seating and power seats, and is all around a nice car to look at. Coming from driving my mom's fully loaded 2010 ES 350, some of those features would be nice to have.

As far as power and performance would go, I really would be fine with a 4 banger, but added horses would be nice, too. I don't really have a lead foot, and I'm not a speed demon either.

Here are some of the car choices that I've considered.
2004 Acura TSX
2006 - 2007 Honda Accord
2001 Lexus ES 300
2004 - 2007 Mazda 3
2003 - 2007 Mazda 6
2005 - 2006 Nissan Altima
2001 - 2007 Nissan Maxima
2007 Toyota Camry (XLE Trim Preferably)
2004.5 - 2007 Volvo S40
2001 - 2007 Volvo S60

*NOTE: Please don't mention a Civic or a Corolla. I know that they are great cars, but I personally would like something that offers a little more in a car.



Answer
I like the Volvos because they are safe. Since you are not a speed demon, which is a relief, I think you can handle any of the above mentioned cars. But, remember, even though you are a conscientious driver doesn't mean everyone else is. If you end up in an accident, the Volvo probably is the safest. Volvo prides themselves on developing safe cars. This way you can get something zippy, attractive and safe.

Have fun with your new wheels.

Why do people say the 2010 Infiniti G37 sedan is a gas guzzler and not fuel efficient?




Seb


I am think about buying a G37 and people are telling me that its a gas guzzler. I checked many websites (including the EPA fuel economy) and everyone states the car gets 19 city/27hwy. In my opinion that is pretty good gas milage for a sports luxury sedan. A lot of other luxury cars have the same exact gas mileage...


Answer
cuz it is, its a huge gas guzzler when you compare it with the Toyota prius doing 40 kph......

its because these idiots who claim that either dont fill up premium or dont do an oil change...... and its true! i had a friend (shes very stupid and tired of how stupid she was) she bought a toyota echo back in 2007 and i must say it saves alot of fuel but she never did one single oil change, that fucked up the engine and guess what, before that she was doing 3 mpg!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment