Monday, May 5, 2014

Whats a good cheap sports car?




Jon


Hello i need some help. This is my situation I'm 20 years old i live in Connecticut and I'm looking to purchase a car (used). I have about $2k cash to put down on it. I would say my limit for price would be about 6-8k due to financing fees taxes etc (credit score of 731). Now what I'm looking for is a pretty fast sports car to use as my DD.(I currently have a 89 mustang lx 5.0 which gets about 10 mpg city) Not very economical as a DD when gas is over $4 a gallon. Anyways back on topic, I found a 2002 wrx for 8k but got quoted for an insurance rate of 2k-3k. So this is out of the question! I make about 200 a week at the moment and pay $100 cell phone bill and $100 a month for rent. So my funds are limited for insurance + car payments. Basically i need to know a reliable cheap fast sports car i can get a good insurance rate on. But it also has to get good fuel economy! Sorry for the long rant and me being so picky but please help!
Forgot to add the oldest i will probably get is 2000.
Okay forgot to add another detail haha it should be front wheel drive. The reason why i am looking into getting a new car is my mustang is rear wheel and pushes about 350-400 (estimate never had it on a dyno) During the winter time the mustang goes NO WHERE. This past winter was hell with the stang. I figure a little front 4-6 cyl front wheel with anywhere between 250-300 (with less tq than the stang) would be better in the winter. Hope this makes sense haha.



Answer
with that kinda income I don't think a sports car, even a cheap one, is the wisest decision. You would have to sacrifice something like maybe going for an older sports car or not getting a sports car.

But to answer your question, mazda miata is pretty much the cheapest true sports car you could get. Its also pretty efficient.

Other cars that are close to sports cars, but not true sports cars would include toyota celica, honda civic coupe, chevy colbalt coupe, chevy cavalier coupe, mitsubishi eclipse, Honda prelude

I'm sure there r lots more.

If you want something fast, don't go for a miata, go for a front wheel drive sports car that someone already moded. This will be cheaper than getting a rwd car with the same power.

is there anywhere to rent sports cars in maryland?




david stic


nothing exotic, just something like muscle car or tuner.


Answer
http://www.rentcharlie.com/rental/1111629/Sports_Car_Baltimore_MD




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment