Monday, May 5, 2014

What is the Best Super-car I can buy out of Law School?




Chas


I'm 21, and graduating from law school in three years. Around the time I graduate from school, I am looking into buying a high-end sports car. Right now, I own outright a 2006 Honda Accord V6 Coupe with 110k miles. While it may not be my favorite car, it has lasted me a good while (I've had it since I was 16). I wish I could stay satisfied with a car that is sure to last a whole lot longer, but I'm an absolute gear head and I'm thinking about buying myself a graduation present. However, while I'm fine buying a depreciating asset, I'd like to buy something that wont be confined to my garage, and live in Florida, so snow isn't a problem. So, I thought I'd ask you guys what your opinions are on the matter. I sort of know what cars I am looking at, but nothing is set in stone. I'm looking to buy used, and I would like the car to be able to be daily driven. So my top choices are (in no particular order):
-Nissan GT-R
-Porsche 911 GT3
-Aston Martin DB9 or V8 Vantage
-BMW M3
-Lamborghini Gallardo
-Mercedes-Benz CLK63 AMG Black Series

I am really liking the GT-R and the DB9. Hopefully in the next few years, I can get them for less than 60k. I have looked and the GT-R and DB9 can be found in the mid 60's, but my only concern is the maintenance cost on the Aston will be more than I want to spend. For the sake of value for money, I don't think the GT-R can be beat, its a super-car that competes with cars 4x its price. But at the same time the DB9 is just such a beautiful car. Those are my top two choices right now, and I have driven both the GT-R and DB9 and they are just two completley different cars. The exhaust note on the DB9 is just brutal, and the power from the V12 is astonishing. The GT-R is down on power and luxuriousness, but it just feels like the faster car (better pure driving experience). If you guys have any advice or suggestions on what I should do, it would be greatly appreciated.



Answer
Since your parents have so much money, or you won the lottery, how about you pay me to look full time to get you the best super-car for the money.

In what way are the M3 or CLK63 considered supercars? They're close, I would consider them a super-sports car, or just a sport/luxury car, but not a supercar.

I guess to answer your question, I can tell you're just pulling names out of a hat because the 911 GT3 is not a comfortable car for everyday use. The insurance on it is going to cost as much as the car payment. If you want a Porsche, get a Turbo S. It's going to be much faster on the street and much easier to live with.

Supercars you can live with on a daily basis and are relatively comfortable to drive and reliable (for the most part):
Gallardo
Audi R8
Nissan GTr
Porsche 911/Caymen
Jag XKRs
Used Ferrari 360's


Personally, I can't wait for the 2013 Viper


I'm surprised for "an absolute gearhead" you don't have a list of favorite cars you want to own instead of looking for attention on yahoo.

BEST CAR TO BUY FOR $50,000?




lost@thebe





Answer
2013 Honda Odyssey Minivan starting at $28k: The minivan 2013 Honda Odyssey is a top pick for the minivans thanks to its versatile interior, long list of features and engaging driving dynamics.

2013 Toyota Sienna Minivan starting at $26k: Roomy, comfortable, well-built and offered in several different trim levels, the 2013 Toyota Sienna minivan is an excellent choice for larger families.

2013 Lexus RX 450h starting at $46k: Though expensive compared to the non-hybrid RX, the 2013 Lexus RX 450h delivers on its promise of impressive fuel economy, utility, power and luxury.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban, starting at $42k: The impressive 2013 Chevrolet Suburban is a compelling choice for those who need a traditional full-size SUV with massive passenger, cargo and towing capacities. I've personally owned a Suburban and I've loved it.

2013 BMW 3 Series Sedan starting at $36k: Regardless of body style, the 2013 BMW 3 Series is an impressively well-rounded and highly desirable entry-level luxury car.

2013 Toyota Sequoia starting at 45k: With class-leading refinement, versatility and user-friendly features, the 2013 Toyota Sequoia is one of the top picks among full-size SUVs, trailing behind the 2013 Suburban.

Theres a nice list for ya! Happy searching!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment