Friday, May 9, 2014

Need New Car With Better Gas Mileage?




dreams2Bte


I have a 2004 Mitsubishi Endeavour XLS. It is horrible on gas mileage. I drive alot due to my work. However, I love the benefits of an SUV. Primarily the fact that you are "sitting up high." I am short and this helps me see better. With gas prices what they are and no predictions of them going down I cannot afford to put gas in this any longer. It takes me $80 to fill up and it only last about 3 days. I am going to trade it for a car (sedan) but I want some advice as to what is a good car to look at after being used to an SUV for so long? What has good gas mileage? I don't want a "grandma" car either but I don't want a sports car. Any suggestions will be appreciated.


Answer
It would be nice if you gave us a price range and what kind of MPG you wanted. There are tons of cars out there so you need to be a bit more specific or people will give you a bunch of random answers that wont apply to you.

What the gas mileage for an 8-cylinder sports car such as this?

Q. A 2002 Camaro Z28 with an 5.7 liter LSI 305 HP engine?

I'm looking to get an 8-cylinder sports car, but I hope that it's gas mileage is not a bad 18 MPG for the highway. I hope it's at least 25 MPG for the highway or so.


Answer
You could get even higher than 30 mpg in that car. At least on a cross country trip with cruise control on.

I got 29 mpg in my 95 Camaro Z28, which has a similar V8 engine that gets worse miles per gallon.

Really depends how you drive it though, how many hills you have, type of tires, general tune up condition and about 99999999999999999999 different things.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment