Sunday, May 18, 2014

Old reliable luxury car?




b00rb


I want a "semi"-luxury car cheap (<$3000), I'm a high school student so I need it to last at least 2 more years, hassle free. I love how BMW's look, but I've heard they're not that reliable, so I've been looking at Infinitis. I want a sedan/coupe with decent gas mileage, from the '90s, and I by "semi"-luxury, I mean I want the car to have features like leather seats, power seats and windows, a/c, power steering, etc. Decent gas mileage is a plus too (15 MPG<)
Any suggestions?



Answer
If you are looking for a hassle free car for $3000 you may have a long wait. Try perhaps a top end low mileage car from a brand not noted for luxury cars, maybe a Hyundai or Kia perhaps. Domestic cars may also be worth a look, such as Buicks or Mercurys. Don't forget a luxury car will still have luxury car running costs, and all old cars will need repairs at some time. Good luck!.

Best used luxury car for ~2500?




Andrew


Hi! I am looking for a used luxury car (Lexus, Acura, BMW, etc.) for around $20k-30k. It's gotta have good gas mileage, around 28 mpg or better. I'm 6"5 btw so it will have to be big enough haha.

That's the most important stuff, but then:
Under 50k miles
Bluetooth/nav would be nice


For the price range, A.) is this even possible and B.) any recommendations?

Thanks so much!

-A



Answer
I don't think what you want is out there.

Luxury cars generally have substantial engines (at least a V6) to deliver performance, and most of those don't get better than 25 mpg, tops. Needing a big luxury car makes it even tougher, both in terms of mpg (bigger, heavier cars or SUVs get worse mileage) and cost (bigger luxury cars cost more).

If you back off your mpg requirements a bit.....I think what you want is doable. Something like a Lexus RX350 for example.....you can get one that's 3 or 4 years old with under 50K miles for $20K - $25K.....but mpg wise, maybe 22 mpg.

Otherwise.....look at smaller cars with smaller engines. Generally, that means non-luxury or hybrid. You don't buy a luxury car to save money on gas. Finally, keep in mind that most luxury cars require premium gas, which increases the cost further as compared to something that doesn't, regardless of mpg.

Good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment