Thursday, September 19, 2013

Is there a relationship between video games and bad grades?

sports cars racing videos on Racing cars Vector Illustration - Download car Royalty Free Clipart
sports cars racing videos image



fgoal13


I am doing a research paper, and the topic I chose is the relationship between grades and video games. Do you believe that there is a relationship between the two?


Answer
I wouldn't blame it on the video games as much as I would the parenting of the children who excessively play them.
Personally, I have found that certain games actually improve grades with my children.
They are allowed only specific amounts of time to play with rules surrounding those times.
#1 90% of the games my children play are educational
#2 All homework must be completed before games can be played

We use the video game as a reward in our house, the kids need to earn video game time. It is also limited to no more than an hour per week.

The educational games are fun for the kids, plus they are learning while having fun.

If you are focusing your study for an older audience, like high school kids who play "shoot 'um up" games, sports, car theft, car racing, or other such games with no time limits or expectations, then the grades of these people most likely do suffer from it. Again, I would stand by the belief that it isn't the games fault as much as it is the parents for allowing the endless game play to happen.

Help with telling the difference between street bikes?




ccollin13


I'm looking to purchase a street bike soon. Probably a cbr 600 or gsxr 600. I've only rode dirt bikes before and all I know is 4 stroke and 2 stroke. 4 strokes sound deep and 2 strokes are high pitched. When I shop around for bikes on Craigslist, everyone says there bike is a 4 stroke or 4 cylinder. Now when I watch videos on YouTube, people ride there cbr600 and they sound high pitched like a 2 stroke. Do the 4 cylinder bikes sound high pitched? Reason I ask is because if I'm spending so much money on a bike, I definitely want it to sound like one.

It's a rediculous question but I'm 19 and If I'm spending this much money on something, I want it to be exactly what I like. Thanks for the help anyone and everyone!
This is the sound I'm wanting.

http://youtu.be/U9i11rLYiIM



Answer
If you are used to dirt bikes you are used to singles. I ride singles on the streets also. I rode a Suzuki Savage (S40) for over 8 years. On the Interstate, doing 70 mph, the exhaust tone is a low 38Hz. The vibration is similar to one of those massage beds in a cheap motel.

A four cylinder racing motorcycle will be singing 12,000 RPM and the exhaust tone is 400Hz -- a hum quite similar to telephone's dial tone. The vibration is similar to a dentist's drill.

I remember the first four-cylinder Honda in Detroit, I thought it was in '67. Didn't like it. It sounded like a sports car, not a motorcycle. If you want a motorcycle that sounds like a motorcycle you need a Thumper, or, at worst, a twin.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment