Sunday, March 30, 2014

What kind of convertible can I get that won't be a sports car on insurance?




vhlfdsgbfl


I'm looking at getting a car and I'd really like a convertible. The thing is that I can't afford the insurance on sports cars. So what kind of convertible that would be around 5000 dollars used (perferably 90's to an early 2000s car) would not be a sports car to the insurance agency. Or is there no way around that? And if it makes a difference I have State Farm.


Answer
Ask them if they will consider a Chrysler/Dodge Sebring or a Chevrolet Cavalier convertible to be a sports car or not. If they are 4 cylinder they may not. The problem is most of these had a V6. 4 cylinders are rare. You have to check with your insurance agent.

In 2003. I had a 1990 Chrysler LeBaron convertible with a 3.0L V6 when I lived in LA and my insurance was still at the same rate.

I was insured with Mercury.

Is a Chrysler Seabring considered a sports car?




fgrsk8er18


Is a Chrysler Seabring considered a sports car, or not? I've already gotten the answer that not every convertible is a sports car, but can anyone tell me if a chrysler seabring is or not?


Answer
No. A true "Sports Car" is a two-seat vehicle with a removable top. A Chrysler Sebring is a small convertible, but not a sports car.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment