Monday, March 31, 2014

What car should I get for under $10,000?




Philip


I am a 16 year old guy and have had my mom's old mini van for a while now (2007 Chrysler T&C). You can see why I want to get rid of it. Anyways, for a replacement I would like a sedan with a V6 in it, but I live in MN and it sometimes snows pretty bad and the roads get slippery. We are planning on buying snow tires but would that be enough? Do I need AWD? I have been looking at the 2003 Infiniti g35 and the 2007 Ford Fusion. What should I do? What car has the power, but also safe and good in winter? I also have not gotten around to driving a stick yet, so no manuals.


Answer
2007 Ford Fusion V6 AWD for the win!!! Great car, plenty of power and AWD for those snowy MN days.

Honda and Toyota are great too but that Fusion is really the cat's meow.

In response to the answer below. FYI I'm an ASE certified master tech and a Massachusetts Licensed collision estimator. Unless you're wealthy, stay away from Audi, BMW and Mercedes; they're very nice luxury cars, they handle great and accelerate well BUT they are very expensive to repair and maintain. Most Mercedes models are RWD standard as are most BMW models, most of them have an AWD option. If you're handy and think that you can do the work yourself think again when it comes to many newer models of German cars. They require some pretty expensive equipment to do a service as simple as an oil change or a brake job. 2003 and newer Mercedes e-class vehicles (211 chassis) have electronic brakes, you need a scan tool to retract the pistons on the caliper, you need a SDS scan tool to check the automatic transmission fluid level as well as the motor oil level. To get around the laws currently out there you can press a button on the instrument cluster to see if the level is acceptable and add fluid till the light goes out but it's hard work to do so without the dealer equipment.

The model Ford Fusion you mentioned is available with an automatic transmission, AWD and a powerful V-6 motor. It's not that technologically advanced but has all the bells and whistles you need to be comfortable.

I recently stopped buying Honda products due to the lack of quality in the K-series 4 cylinder motors; Honda K motors have issues with oil consumption. January 2013 I picked up a Ford Focus ST and I'm very happy with it so far. I put 20,000 miles on it so far and absolutely love it.

Which car should I buy? Luxury sports cars?




Robby


I'm looking to buy a used car for under 10k. My top choice is a 2002-2004 audi a4. Other cars I am considering are audi a6, bmw 325xi, and saab 9-3. I live in MN so all wheel drive is a plus. Looking for a good looking luxury car.

However, I keep reading about how costly audi's and bmw's are to maintain. I don't have the money to pour thousands into repairs.

What is a reliable good looking car that is in my price range?



Answer
A jaguar older than 2002 would bankrupt you




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment