Sunday, January 26, 2014

How come cars have those two letters after its name?

xe luxury cars on Luxury Car Makers Brace for Slower China Sales - WSJ.com
xe luxury cars image



Hero


Like right now I'm looking two buy a Nissan 240sx and I see that some are like 240sx [EX] and some [SE]. What do the XE and the SE mean? Also, what would be all of types of 240sx's. Another example of my question if you didn't understand it the first time is like for the Honda Civics there are four types i guess like the Honda Civic DX, LX, EX, AND SI. I know that this is the order of like performance and luxury and stuff, but I want to know this for the Nissan 240sx. Which one would the best there is like the SI for the Honda.


Answer
These letters indicate the trim level of the model.

For example a Civic DX is the lowest level Civic you can by. It has almost no options, not even an automatic transmission. Call it as basic and as cheap as you can get. The LX steps up from that and gives you the most popular options like automatic and a better stereo, nicer wheels, The EX gives you leather and a sunroof and satelite radio and all the good stuff. The Si is the sport model so it is decked out for high performance AND luxury.

Every car company does this so you can tell the difference between the cars.

I can't decide! Do I choose the Saturn or Acura?




b4hgirls


I have the opportunity to choose between the following cars:

Used 2008 Saturn Aura XE
Cloth Seats; Automatic
11,000mi;$16k
-or-
2005 Acura TSX
Leather Seats; Automatic
55,000mi;$17k

On paper it seems obvious that I should choose the Saturn; but after driving the Acura and seeing the quality of interior (not to mention all of the "bells and whistles") I'm not so sure. Both cars drove great but there was no comparison regarding the interior quality.

I so love the Acura! Is it rediculous of me to choose a an older car with more miles at a higher cost over a new car with low miles at a lower cost?



Answer
Acura.

Its a very reliable car and this model will probably save more gas than the Saturn. Also, i think Acura is more of a luxury brand, while Saturn is not You might even find a good deal on a 2008 Acura TSX since it is redesigned for 2009 and dealers probably want to get rid of the previous generation models....




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment