Saturday, February 1, 2014

why is the delorean a sports car?




Oku24


What details make the delorean a sports car???


Answer
A sports car is a term used to describe a class of automobile. The exact definition varies, but generally it is used to refer to a low to ground, light weight vehicle with a powerful engine. Most vehicles referred to as sports cars are rear-wheel drive, have two seats, two doors, and are designed for more precise handling, acceleration, and aesthetics. A sports car's dominant considerations can be superior road handling, braking, maneuverability, low weight, and high power, rather than passenger space, comfort, and fuel economy.


We have to keep in mind when the original Delorean was manufactured. This was in 1981-1982. During that time, there was very little performance in any car. Fuel economy laws and environmental impact laws never mind a gas crisis made it hard for any manufacturer to have performance in their cars. The Corvette in 1981 had only 190 horsepower. The 1981 Porsche 911SC had only 204 horsepower. The 200hp Delorean (Euro-spec) was right in the mix with some of the best sportscars of the time. (US cars were delivered with 170hp due to catalytic converters that the Euro cars did not require). It's handling was also on par with the better sportscars of the era as well.

The Delorean was considered a sportscar because it was low to the ground, it was a two seater and it had considerable performance for cars at that time. And the Gull wing doors were really really cool for a car built in the 80's.

The 80's sucked for sports cars.

cheap sport cars?




SomeUnkown


Looking for my first car and I want that sport car feel (coupe). I got around 3grand to spend and so far I've only been looking for an Integra but since I can't find any good ones, I'm looking to expand my search.

I was looking at civics as well but since everybody seems to have only, i don't want one. So if you could give me any suggestions, it would really help out.
I know about year, I'm currently in the 90-98 range.
I know how to drive, even know how to drive stick.



Answer
heres a list of cheap sports cars that you might be interested in.
1.chrysler conquest tsi from the 80's(also called a mitsubishi starion)
2.1980's mazda RX-7
3.nissan 180/240sx
4.dodge stealth/mitsubishi 3000GT
5.ford contour i know what your thinking grandma car right you are dead wrong my buddy has the svt contour and it hauls ass




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment