Monday, January 27, 2014

Which car should I buy? Luxury sports cars?

luxury cars mn on Mercedes leads luxury-car discounts in China_MNCs--China Economic Net
luxury cars mn image



Robby


I'm looking to buy a used car for under 10k. My top choice is a 2002-2004 audi a4. Other cars I am considering are audi a6, bmw 325xi, and saab 9-3. I live in MN so all wheel drive is a plus. Looking for a good looking luxury car.

However, I keep reading about how costly audi's and bmw's are to maintain. I don't have the money to pour thousands into repairs.

What is a reliable good looking car that is in my price range?



Answer
A jaguar older than 2002 would bankrupt you

Are these gas prices here to stay?




EsoMan


I remember the days when paying anything more than $1.29 a gallon was considered on the high end (in MN) ... Yet here we sit now... paying close to $4.00 a gallon. Many countries other than the US (Canada and the United Kingdom) were paying higher prices long before our turn came. What do you all think? Are these prices here to stay? Any input on the economics of the whole debacle?


Answer
If they go much higher and continue to do more than double every year then I think innovation will be the only solution that could cause a decrease in the price of gas, but as I see most are pipe dreams and cost and Detroit will work hard to keep Hydrogen, Electric, and any other types of cars out of the hands of middle class consumers.

Even if electric cars like the Tesla and others took, wouldn't there be a surge in electricity pricing? Would you really able to drive at 1 cent per mile if EVERYONE was trying to do that...

I think it only works when the electric car is scarce on the market... but with problems like the battery lasting only 100,000mi tops and costing 3x as much as a new Civic, this is also a pipe dream, regardless of its 0-60MPH time and MPG equivalent.

But what is even MORE amazing to me is how many Americans keep jumping in their 15MPG mules by themselves -- and I love how the justify it with safety (I feel safe when I can't see around the other vehicles... :sarcasm:), with well we have the kids (their 2.3 or whatever the average is... they'd STILL fit in a 5-seater that get double the 15MPG of the mule... :sarcasm:... )

... see, if everyone vehicles suddenly double in MPG capability then wouldn't we have half as much demand?(no because then people would drive at lesuire more, right?)

It'd been nice if people would downsize, but people are too worried about being able to see over everyone else and to greedy to care... the gas crisis will only every be solved if Americans are open to new ways of travel and those means of travel exist. We have a JOKE of a mass transit system.

In other countries where there are no options, and little wealth, that is where you see efficiency in commuting... not in America, because we have had the luxury of not ever needing it before... and these lifestyles will probably die with the people, not a higher gas price.

So YES the high gas prices are here to stay.
It's up to U.S. (or maybe us) to decide when they have had enough... and now is not that time
... so have fun buying that 3.50+ gas
...and have a safe trip on this holiday weekend if you end up driving.

Still though, I'm laughing every time I fill up my car for less than $30... these 1-seater SUVs are a plague people! (and they are only part of the problem!)

-TB

PS. I love how Honda took the CRX (which gets around 40MPG) and turned it into the Insight which gets 60MPG; lets make a small car which almost no one in America drives, and lets make it even MORE efficient... or BMW, they take a car that's already too expensive and then make a Hydrogen or Fuel cell or whatever; oh yeah, that's going to catch on... BECAUSE no can afford it in the first place... the rich people will be able to drive more -- thanks BMW!

Ford is the only maker that is attacking the inefficient car first... these Priuses, Insights, do not make much sense (at least in the US)... but making a 1-seater Hybrid SUV DOES MAKE SENSE! I have restored faith in Detroit (yeah right).




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment