Friday, August 2, 2013

Why is TV geared towards the rich if most people in america are poor?

luxury cars are a waste of money on ... on Acura? - beyond.ca car forums community for automotive enthusiasts
luxury cars are a waste of money image



Madness Be


I consider middle class to be rich btw. I can't tell you how many luxury cars I see commercials for in one day. or stock trading. or commercials that assume i travel a lot.

Hmmm a few rich people giving money, or a ton of poor people giving money. seems approx. the same to me, except selling useful things to the poor actually helps people. A 3rd swimming pool or another Lexus does not significantly help a family who is already doing well. So obviously it's not just money.



Answer
No arguments with any of your points.

But to answer your question of "why" - the whole point of TV advertisement is to sell product, and you can only sell product to people with money. If someone has no money to buy a new car, companies are wasting time (and money) trying to convince them they should want to. As far as "useful things" go, you don't need to advertise things like basic food, clothing and other "must haves" - people have to buy that stuff whether it's advertised it or not. You don't have to convince someone not to starve.

It's the "wants" where people need convincing....and poor people can't afford the wants.....hence the TV ads are geared towards those with money.

Fair? Maybe not. But you asked why......and that's the way it is.....

Why do some wealthy people waste their money on useless things?




Robust of


For example, spending $80,000 on a pair of earrings? My family makes a lot of money but my mother has never had the drive to spend that much on a pair of earrings... Im just curious why do they also spend money on luxury cars? Isn't one car enough? My parents taught me not to spend my money like that.. my other friends that are wealthy dont do this though but I noticed people in america, like hollywood do this, and I dont get it.. why?


Answer
a good CPA gets them a tax write off...




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment