Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Can you name every single american sports car?

sports cars 1960 on The Most Expensive Cars of 2007 - BusinessWeek
sports cars 1960 image



enigmaiasm


Whoever names them get the 10 points. I would give thumbs up if I was on level 2, lol.

No muscle cars.
These days it's more of a marketing tool, but the definition is: A low small usually 2-passenger automobile designed for quick response, easy maneuverability, and high-speed driving. -Webster



Answer
If you define "American Sports Car" as a Two-Seater with a soft top or retractible hard top, and limited to vehicles produced since the 1960's, here's my list... not in any particular order...

Corvette
Dodge Viper
Saturn Sky/Pontiac Solstice (same car different trim)
Cadillac XLR
Shelby Cobra (not mustang)
Chrysler Crossfire
Ford Thunderbird
Plymouth Prowler (More of a hot rod than a sports car)
American Motors AMX (Hard top only, no convertible)

I'm sure there were a few more, but that's about all I can think of...

What kind of car was it that Angelo bought on switched at birth?




Strawbabee


I was watching the tv show switched at birth and this character named Angelo bought this classic car? Does anyone know what kind of car it was I can't seem to find it anywhere. Thanks in advance.


Answer
It took me forever to track down a video of that episode, but I finally found it on Hulu. Its the first episode of season 2, and there's a good shot of Angelo's sports car at around 9 to 10 minutes into the episode.

The small emblem of two crossed checkered racing flags on the side is a dead giveaway. That's a Chevrolet Corvette. I can't give you the exact year, because the model looked similar through a number of years, between the late 1950s and early 1960s, but it's roughly a 1960.

Here's a photo of a 1960 Corvette for you to compare, the same color as Angelo's: http://www.buyavette.net/New%20Pictures/181407.jpg




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment