Monday, June 16, 2014

Is USA racist against 2nd "generation" people?




One shot,


Okay, i'm a 15 year old boy who lives in Denmark with my dad (big brother (20) lives at my moms house) and my dad has been driving as a taxi dude for 30 years in Denmark. He's 57 now.
We're planning to take a road trip wich might take a full year to USA. Through every. Single. STATE..!
But, thats not the problem. I have a turkish background, so i look like a turk. My dad is turkish, mom is turkish and my brother is like me. We were born in Denmark, but have another background. We are NOT muslims. Think about that. That chance, but turks are not muslims tbh. Not all tho, some do eat pork/wild boar and yes they do drink ALOT at parties.. But anyway, i'm more a atheist/crist but my family won't let me get baptized or whatever its called on english (the holy water thing).

But anyway, back to the story.
Since we LOOK LIKE people from the middle east (denmark is in europe btw..), but have danish passport, will they be like "immigrants, terrorists, get out of our country" or more like "Hi, welcome blah blah blah".
Now, when my dad turns 60-61 and i turn 18-19 (after high school), we're considering going to USA. I will have my license there. The old man and my brother taught me how to drive a car, park and reverse. And yes i am 15 atm.
I like usa tbh.
USA is like, my graceland? My 7th heaven.
My idols (most of them) are from America. My favorite Tv shows. My favorite cars, bikes, clothings, sports and so on.
Heck even my favorite military is the Rangers, Marines and Navy Seals..?
But everybody keeps trash-talking about USA, saying that they hate all the other countries and such.
Okay lets say, that only 100 out of 10000 are racist, but what are the chances to meet them?
My english is good, i get A's and B's nonstop.
And my big brother is considering joining us too, but he's more likely "afraid" even though he's a tough guy, that they will start trash talking and calling us stuff. I just wanna live the american dream. Roadtrip through the country, eat a burger at a diner, sleep at motels, go to Las Vegas with the old man and such.
My most wanted place is the beach places (like venice beach?). Skaters, longboarders and street arts.
I do skate and longboard, so i might bring some boards too. I have hobbies i can entertain people with for fun. My dad, he might be 57 atm. But he's fun as hell. My big brother. 20 year old who will NEVER lose his good sense of humor.
So, i hope it's American people or other people who made a road trip who answers this, since i expect a true answer.

If you saw a guy, only the look of him, what would you think? Start trash talking or would you mind your own business or would you be like "hi and welcome" if i talked to you if you owned a shop or diner?

And yeah, if i lived in usa, my life would be completed.. Thats what im going for too. Asking my dad about moving to a exotic beach place and open a skate shop. I know everything from hardware to setups to tricks (even tho i can't perfom them myself YET..)
And yeah, i do love filming skateboarding and longboarding, so you think that'll be a + or?
My dad was like "Don't start skating. You wont like it, you are not the type of guy to skate". I proved him that i am. Same happened to my big brother when he was 15, he was upset and proved my dad he could. He skated for about 1-2 years and quit. For me, i'm reaching my 1st month of skateboarding, but i've been longboarding almost whole this year. So my dad actually starts support me with this. I know that if my board snaps, he'll try get me a new one or anything like that.

Looooooooong text, but 5 stars for best answers.

- Got any questions you have un-answered? Then link them, i'll try help YOU too :-)



Answer
No. The USA is composed of people from probably every ethnic group on the planet. It's not perfect, but probably no one will look at you even once or realize you are a Turk unless you tell them.

The USA tourism website is a good place to start:

http://www.discoveramerica.com/

------------------------

Citizens of about 35 countries can travel to the USA for up to 90 days at a time as a tourist or for some business purposes by registering for ESTA > before < their trip begins. The cost is US$14, which is similar to the fee for the Australian ETA program.

https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/
http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/without/without_1990.html
http://www.usembassy.org.uk/visaservices/?p=129

Registering is accomplished online, you don't need the details of your trip, and the confirmation is valid for multiple trips to the USA over two (2) years so don't wait until the last minute.

Print the confirmation - or at least record the number - and keep the information with your passport. Having a return or onward ticket leaving North America is a requirement, so have a copy of your airline itinerary at passport control.

If you are planning a long visit then DON'T schedule your departure day for the 90th day (any part of a day in the USA counts as a whole day, so if you arrive at 23:59h on the 1st and leave at 00:01h on the 10th it is 10 days in the USA). Schedule your departure not later than the 88th day as there are no (zero) provisions in the Visa Waiver Program for someone to voluntarily extend their stay. If you miss your flight due to something Immigration might consider avoidable (ex. flat tire on the way to the airport) they may ban you from using the VWP in the future.

If you can't use the VWP (including if the visit isn't for tourism or authorized "business") then you have to apply for a visa:

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_1750.html

Check with your health insurance to find out if it covers you in the USA and pays for medical evacuation to home (should that be necessary). If yes then take proof of coverage with you. If no or not sure then get trip medical insurance, which is cheap and sold by airlines & travel agents. The USA has wonderful medical care but it isn't free or even cheap. Please do not skimp on this as an otherwise-silly accident could turn into a crisis if you don't have medical insurance. This is a link from the US government, but the info is good for anyone traveling outside their home country:

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1470.html

Of these, which car has the best deal....? (BMW or Audi)?




Bella L


I'm getting my first car next month (I'm 17) and my parents gave me a $20,000 limit. For a girl, I'm really into cars because of my brother but I would just like a second opinion. Please don't call me a brat, I come from a privileged family so a car like this is what my parents prefer and I am one to really keep up with what I own. Which ever car I get would be thoroughly taken care of. Also, keep in mind that all of these cars have no warranty (but they are available) and that they each have no damage or accident reports and have an overall pristine condition.
Of the following cars, which do you think is the best deal:

-2007 Audi A4 2.0T/ 64,276 Miles/ Automatic/ PREAMP AND SUBWOOFER/ $17,000/

-2003 BMW 7 Series 745Li Sedan/ 76,815 Miles/ Shiftable Automatic/ NAVIGATION GUIDANCE/ $19,000

-2002 BMW M3 Convertible/ 84,620 Miles/ Sequential Semi-Manual/ NAVIGATION GUIDANCE/ $19,000



Answer
I would pass on all 3 of those. Yeah they are great cars but come on do you really want a car with that many miles? You know stuff is going to be breaking pretty soon. Look for some USA made cars that are used but still pretty loaded you can find much better. Yeah it wont be an audi or a beemer but it will last longer. I remember seeing a dodge charger daytona (special paint, limited number produced, all the best electronics best stereo system,gps, leather) R/T (hemi engine 350 horses sure to give any one of those cars on your list a run for its money) it was a 2007 with only 3,000 miles they wanted $20,000. So basically you have a 4 door sports car very fast, looks great and still has a warrenty for the next 55,000 miles. It was an automatic with auto-stick (manually shift gears with out having to mess with a clutch) I would not just concentrate on high end luxury brands when you can find a lot better of a car with a lot less mileage.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment