Monday, June 16, 2014

Compared to California and New Jersey: Is Texas a primitive state?




Ash'ari Ma


I mean does Texas lack the luxuries found in Cali and NYC?

Does the level of education in Texas match that of these states?

Do the people dress well in Texas?

Please explain...



Answer
It depends on what part of Texas one is in. Dallas, Austin, Houston and San Antonio each have a lot of museums, arts venues, etc... Dallas and Austin are wealthier and more liberal. The basic stereotype for women is true...big hair and big boobs. At one time Dallas was the plastic surgery capital of the world, (more plastic surgery performed here than anywhere else). Dallas is about prestige and living large....large homes, luxury cars, designer clothing...whether one can afford it or not.


Addison, Tx a close in suburb of Dallas has more restaurants per capita than any other city in the country.

The shopping here is unbelieveable...mall after mall after mall. People in the cities do dress well.

Education level I am sure is the same as most other states...of couse we have big schools like UT/Austin, but, we also have prestige schools like SMU/Dallas.

However, when you go to the far out suburbs and small towns, you do find the Bubba mentality....the mullets on guys, women with 1980's mall hair and shoulder pads...and rusted out pickups with shotguns hanging in the rear window. But, this is really no different from small towns in other states.

Texas, and Dallas in general is a melting pot of the U.S. Because of the tax benefits, (no state income tax), many companies have relocated their headquarters here. So, it is hard to find people in Dallas that are natives to the area. Most of us have transferred from other states. We of course bring our cultures with us, and so the face of Dallas has changed considerably in the past 50 years. Even the Texas drawl is not nearly as prevelant as it was just 20 years ago.

I am buying a new Audi A6, if anybody has one, please feel free to comment on it!?




Mr nice gu





Answer
I have a 2001 Audi A6 that I bought pre-owned. It now has over 106,000 miles on it. It's been Dealer serviced all of its life (according to Carfax , Dealer records and since Iâve owned it) and I have really stayed on top of all maintenance issues. Unfortunately as I start to add up maintenance cost plus car payments (which will be finished soon) Iâm starting to see that buying a new A6 would not cost me but a few hundred more per month than what Iâm paying now. Not to mention if the new A6's are even half as good as what I have now then it's a no brainier! New A6 of course!

I truly love this car, even though it's pulled a few big bucks from my wallet, it's like no other car I've driven in its class. One friend had suggested I since I was in the market for a new car and I was considering an A6 that maybe I ought to look at a new BMW 5 series or equivalent Mercedes, even Lexus and Infinity. Well I test drove them all and compared to the Audi? hahahaha... they were an absolute Joke! Even against my high mileage Audi they could not compare. Not to mention my Audi Dealer really treat's me well. I go in for regular services and I'm always made to feel special and welcomed there, they really go that extra step to make me feel Iâm the only customer they have. The ironic thing about all this is I did not even buy the car from them, but they treat me like I did. Even after something as simple as an oil change they still wash and wax the car for me and for that mater I can drop it off at anytime and they will wash and wax it for me at no charge for any reason no questions asked. They even told me to drop off my Touareg with them and they would wash and wax it for me too at no charge. Plus if I need to leave the car for repairs they always have a loan car for me, I donât even have to ask and the nice thing. The loaner is Audi, not some clunker econ box Toyota like some high so called high ended dealers in Dallas offer and thatâs only if you ask.

I suppose what Iâm trying to say is that I really don't think you could go wrong with a new A6 especially if you find a dealer like I have here in Dallas. Yea the Audi can get up there in price especially now after there price increases, even more than same class BMW's, Mercedes and so on. So they are not the cheaper of the German Luxury cars anymore and like all European cars they can be a bit quirky at first but in class of car there is not a car out there that is more fun, more comfortable, more fulfilling a person can drive (at least in my opinion and experience).

I might also add that this A6 I' have right now is the only car I've been able to drive for more than 18 hours non stop (with the exception of getting gas) that I did not want to get out and just kick the hell out of because every inch of my body was aching. I could not wait to get back in and get back on the road, but I have to sleep. The A6 is just that nice it's just that much fun and as an added bonus, this car does not know a dry road from a wet one (I keep really good tires on mine which might be one reason), it has handled the same for me on all road conditions without fail and thatâs been flawlessly. Plus anyone whose driven it has just fallen in love with it too some prefer to drive my A6 over there brand new cars. But again I take really good care of my cars and really spare no expense when it comes to making sure they remain in tip top shape.

I'll be buying a new one soon myself but I'm kinda tempted to wait for the new TT to come out. Since I already have the Touareg which is a great people, stuff, boat, cargo and just nice all around hauler, it might be time to have a car just for the fun of it? Iâve always bought cars for practical reasons. Anyway welcome to the Audi family I know you will enjoy yourself, I have.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment