Thursday, May 15, 2014

Amsterdam and surrounding areas How to get free Rental Car Upgrades in Amsterdam and...?




Shelli


I will be traveling to Amsterdam and surrounding areas. Although, I've spent time in this region I've never been in charge of "THE RENTAL CAR"...I rented cars in US but seldom so any advise on costs , upgrades and discounts for the 10-day stay I woud appreciate. To my surprise taxes are almost as much as the vehicle themselves.

I'm looking for free upgrades or discounts I might be forgetting about..Ive looked into AAA, NSCS, and web sites...I have not seen a "nice sporty car--or even safe" for less than $1000 for the 9-day. Also, the "intermediate " section is something to be desired. What is the intermediate car--An Irkle Car? I drive an infiniti and to be frank; nothing drives like an Infiniti.

So I could use some advice on what type cars are "decent" and "available" as well any upgrades anyone might know about at a reasonable price. Oh, Manual Car or Automatic-does not matter.



Answer
I have used sixti.com on occasion. (leads to sixt.com)
A luxury class is indeed around the $1000 mark - but you could get a cheaper option as well.

For example - a small Renault Twingo would cost you (for 9 days with pickup and return at the airport) around 300 Euro (approx. $425 - source xe.com, july 19th)

For sporty, i`d say a Seat Leon is a good option - which will set you back 387 EUR - 548 $.

I do not know this infinity - except from pictures - and that type would be expensive.
An alternative could be the BMW X1 @ 495 EUR / 700 $.

As these are basic prices - any options will mean more $$$.

For all Saturn Aura owners, how do you like your cars? Did you buy new or used?




The Rogue





Answer
I don't own one, but I was there when my aunt bought a 2006 Aura XE.I test drove An Aura XR, and I can see why It was The North American Car of the Year. It is a Large, Powerful affordable Luxury Car. I can't think of any reason it wouldn't be a great car. The Comfortability and ride height is phenomenal and the smoothness of the ride is wonderful. I'd give it a 9 out of 10. Remember, no car is perfect.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment