Monday, February 10, 2014

American muscle/sports cars?




KolbeyJack


I am adamant against buying foreign cars.

But I'm looking for an affordable sports car for college, and thus far the Mustang is the only legitimatee option and it is still about 5000 out of my price range

What are some other american muscle/sports cars

My list so far
Mustang (Just barely to pricey, and the 99-2004 models looks queer)
Camero (LOL I'm poor)
Corvette (Not a fan + too expensive)
Challanger (hate it)
Charger (i know, it's a sedan, but a badass sedan)



Answer
You haven't named a single sports car or muscle car (though the Charger used to be one). Also, Camaro's are foreign cars. They're made in Canada.

Muscle cars are ONLY American, and they were only made from 1964 to 1972, midsize platform, 2 door, 4 seat coupe, rear wheel drive with the largest corporate displacement engines available. Some examples are:
Pontiac GTO
Ford Torino
Dodge Charger
Plymouth Roadrunner
Plymouth Super Bee
Plymouth Satellite
Dodge Coronet
Oldsmobile Cutlass 442
Buick Skylark GS
Pontiac Tempest

Some American sports cars? Uhhhh...Rare. A sports car is a lightweight, relatively low powered 2 seat, 2 door, rear wheel drive roadster (convertible).
Pontiac Fiero...Kind of.
C1 Corvette, none since are sports cars.
Pontiac Solstice
Saturn Sky.

Insurance for a teenager driving a sports car?




Michael Tr


I've been looking at cars since I'm almost out of high school and I'll finally be able to get my own car. I'm interested in the Infiniti G35 Coupe but I know that would be more expensive to insure than the sedan. My parents would be willing to make a deal where I pay the difference per month in insurance. Does anyone know how much more it would cost to insure over the sedan? Or any sports car for that matter.

Also if the car was put under my moms name, would the cost be less?
By the way i could care less if you think I should get the car or not. My question is simply how much the insurance will cost.



Answer
while keeping it on your parents PLAN will keep the cost down, you will be driving a sports car as a teenager, possibly the most expensive car to insure for someone your age. you will be the primary driver of the vehicle though, so it will be uber expensive as opposed to your parents being the primary driver.
now, they could list themselves as the primary driver, but, if you get into an accident or in any trouble, and the insurance company finds out, there gonna freak (like say you misled the insurance company and they could void your coverage, and youd be without a car and no way to cover yourself, the other drivers, and any expenses).
so, don't do that. put it under your own name. because if you get busted your f**ked

having said that, if your looking at getting a coupe vs a sedan.. coupe will be more expensive. however, insurance companies take in so many factors when it comes to what your gonna be charged for insurance, its not even possible to guess a price difference.

my guess though: your folks are obviously wealthy (because who in their right mind would buy their kid a infinit coupe as their first car?!), but im not hating on that fact. my folks were, and they bought me my first car, and im soo grateful for it. there was no way i could afford a car, and they wanted me driving something safe and decent. they bought it, i paid for up-keep and insurance. that was fair to me! were not all spoiled brats!

bottom line is the difference in pricing for a coupe vs. sedan will definitely be affordable to you and your family so don't worry about it. if your folks are willing to lay out the cash for the car, then insurance shouldn't concern you. my first car was a two year old ford explorer and it cost me a buncha cash to insure it, but, it was worth it because i still have it (8 years and 160,000 miles later, working like a charm).




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment