Monday, February 10, 2014

1998 Firebird insurance?




Long Live


I'm 16, got my license last week, and my dads buying my first car for me. Yeah call me spoiled but that's how he did it with my brother so he said he has to be fair.

Anyways, I want a 98 Firebird. V6 3.8L auto trans.

I was looking at 01-03 Ford Rangers but were too pricey. Budget is $5k. Found a 98 Firebird for $3k. Is the insurance any worse on a 98 firebird than an 02 ranger? Thanks



Answer
call an insurance agent, Insurance is higher for sports cars

You can call geico right now and get quotes for both cars in 10 minutes.

Car Insurance?




MicroNap


I am planning to buy a used 1992 Honda Prelude for $2,700.00. How does the insurance work? Does the price of the car that I paid or the retail price, plays as a factor of how much I would have to pay monthly for insurance. What insurance company would be the best for a new driver with her G2 only? Does anybody have an idea of how much it will cost me (approximately monthly) for the insurance? What other fees or cost will I have to pay for?


Answer
Insurance cost depends on a LOT of factors, which includes but may NOT be limited to:

* make, model, trim, and year of car
* optional equipment in the car (ABS, traction control, etc.)
* theft deterrent equipment in car (alarm, Lojack, etc.)
* other equipment in car (fire extinguisher, emergency kit, etc.)
* location where it is stored
* mileage driven per month
* where you drive to and from
* your age
* your driving record
* your gender
* your profession / job
* amount of coverage you are buying
* type of coverage your are buying
* and more

You should get quotes from as many companies as possible.

Honda Prelude is considered a 2-door sports coupe, so insurance will be higher than, say a Ford Taurus GL of same year.

Contact a local agent. I personally went with AllState and my agent was quite helpful. Others deal direct with companies like 21st Century, GEICO, Progressive, and so on. It's all up to you. Just make sure you compare the same coverage across different companies.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment