Saturday, April 12, 2014

To "Spammer"...Why is Lexus your FAVORITE car?...and why do you spend so much time in the Lexus Area?




EL "W"


Lexus is a well Made car and the leading Luxury vehicle in the US for the last 9 years running. according to "spammer" They are Re Badged Toyotas because that is the parent company, He is Ignorant and if his theory held true then..

If you Drove an Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, or Porsche, You would be Driving a... VOLKSWAGEN. so enjoy your V-Dub Gallardo

If you Drove a Jaguar, Landrover or Volvo, you would be driving a...FORD. Tell THAT to the guy that payed $115,000 for a Supercharged Range Rover.

All of you dodge Neon guys can hold your heads high because if you had one between 1999-2007 Guess what you were driving?... A Brand New Mercedes Benz!!

If you Are driving a Dodge Charger your Suspension actually came from the Mercedes E Class , and The Pacifica takes its suspension from the E Class as well. The Crossfire is a Rebadged SLK.

There are no BAD cars in the Luxury Segment. Just Different ones. I sell Lexus But I've owned BMW's and Mercedes in the Past.



Answer
At work we were debating that people marry brands like been fanatics of Sports Teams and such. We search around the web and end up with the Urban Dictionary. The word Lexsucks is there, so we found it quiet funny and we gave it a try. So we picked on Lexsucks.

Part of the debate was that people does not realize that technology comes from all over the places and is applied to every vehicle in the market and cars are no more that just Products. How the physiological impact of just pure image versus what are you really buying. For example, self parking came in 1992 on a VW Concept Vehicle called Futura, Toyota was selling a Prius with that type of technology in England back in 2003. So is not really new this around. Is true, a lot of Chryslers has DB components on them and people says, that Chrysler is a bad car, DB no.

Also, how people forget easy the stuff from the past. The Oldsmobile Aerotech made big news, broke many speed records between 1987-92. The engine was a 4 Cly called the Quad4. For people that knows cars and history of them, it resemblance an Offenhauser Formula engine. Pretty advance for its time. Now its later reincarnation is the Ecotech on the Cobalt SS it will have VVT (that sounds like Toyota?). Still the same Quad4 but with changes and added technology in GM Delta Platform that was designed in Germany (sounds Autobahn build?). But since is badge as Chevrolet people thinks is crap. Any domestic car people says it sucks, well Honda and Toyota, Hyundai has plants here and they are build here, so I guess they are domestics too? No wonder Toyota is in NASCAR now, duh !

Ford had on the Taurus SHO a set of intake and heads build by Yamaha, impressive sedan. I raced one with a 91 Camaro RS that I was driving, no the top of the line (just a 305), sure hung with me, did not got me but it was right just next to my quarter panel.

Another good example is the Toyota Matrix and rebadge as Pontiac Vibe with different body panels and cosmetics. I heard many times over that Pontiac Vibe sucks and do not dare to compare it with a Toyota Matrix... is quiet amusing.

Is all based about presentation and how you target your audience. A lot of people wait and eat the latest Car and Driver / Motor Trend latest reviews. I used to do that until I started learning that components that make every car comes from so many places in the world see what are the intentions of the manufacturers, how is designed, where all came from, what technologies are involved, and the best, I test drive it and I make the choice, nobody chooses for me. There is a saying among techs "Use the right tool for the right job" Most people do not use the full potential of their vehicle, but one thing is true, they abuse the living hell of them.

I have been traveling a lot, from Korea to Japan, Spain, Germany even Kenya. Seen the world pretty good. I need to go to Aussie land... Will love to drive a Holden just to add it to my list of cars. Oh wait ! The Sigma platform is the one in the Caddy??? I guess I do not have to flight to down under. One thing is true, the Autobahn does not have a speed limit, but has a recommended limit of 80MPH / 130KPH. We sustained 100MPH / 160MPH for about 10 mins before we had to slow down.

Like this ( see link below ) sure they had a lot of room on this one. Look at the trucks on the right side, the Autobahn is not all 3 or 4 lanes, is also 2 lanes and is dangerous to drive with all you can get out of your car. Not because your car can not handle it, is other cars that are going at 80MPH. The Autobahn is pretty congested too.

BWM HQs has a nice building in München also the DB dealer over there is awesome it looks like glass matchbox set. Multifloors with these windows that displays all their cars. Never seen a dealer that way.

Anyway, we had good laughs at work with Big Carp and Mr Sergei (BTW, where is he? Or is a rebadge Big Carp?). One piece of advice, who angers you, owns you.

And yes, I choose to drive an 03 Chevy, so far is a well maintain, paid off, trouble free car. Drove a 94 Grand Prix for 160,000 trouble free and just got rid of it or lets say, gave it away to a relative as a second car.

What we came to conclusion is that people do Marry Brands, like to take sides even if is a rebadge product and they do not know what is made of. That goes with appliances, computers, etc... Most people that drive a Lexus (for example) does not know for sure what they buy, just wants an image. Some to say I can afford this and you do not. Vanity is the biggest seller ever! And most people that knows what really is under the hood to the nuts and bolts can not afford it. Is not that funny?

My dad always said, a well advertised product with the right price to target certain clientèle will sell well. He proved that one day. He sold 25, $15 pad locks at $75 a piece. he said if he sold them at $15 people will say that is an expensive pad lock. At $75, it has to be a hell of a pad lock, well designed and bullet proof........ At the end, they sold in one day !!! I laugh hard on that one =))

BTW, my fiance has an 07 VW Bettle with an Audi engine, well engineer little car, does not cost a fortune and sure is a fun car to drive. Very underestimated car. Beside, the 1st car I ever bought was a 72 Beetle, my dad bought a 64 Bettle brand new and an 85 Audi 5000S, my 2 best friends bought Beetles (one was a Super Beetle), my fiance is her 3rd Beetle. So I am not new to German cars. Also worked on my friends Daimler Benz Diesel to convert it to run with Veggie oil. Interesting project. I am truly sold on Diesel engines, watch the TDIs they are light years ahead in performance and fuel efficiency with the ability of been multi fuel.

I learned to drive on a 75 Monte Carlo and had my driver's license on it, even parallel park, no need for a Lexus auto park feature :-) The worst car I ever drove was a Prelude that was the biggest POS ever! I have license for semi trailers and motorcycles. So I drove from 2 wheels to 18 and taught people how to drive semi trailers. So mechanics does runs on me. I learn Automotives when I was just a kid with a 68 Camaro SS. Will love to get one in Hugger Orange, just for sentimental value. Worked on Aircrafts and now on Computer Networks (Linux and Windows). So a techie yes I am !

I guess is time to leave Yahoo Questions it was interesting playing around here, or just drop from time to time if I have the time again.

Note...
Hey Carppie you sure like to pop here and there too. Keep them coming fella we have fun with you and your cussing =))

Is Marco Andretti going to Formula 1?

Q. I think he will do great if he goes and drives for a good team and will finally attact the american audience to the sport. however, i hear hes testing with honda that has not had the best set ups with the last few years.
That and is Honda going to have a sponser?


Answer
Honda Racing F1 announced in December, 2006 that Marco would be presented with an opportunity to test their Formula One car. On December 15, Andretti made his debut in a Formula One car at Jerez in Spain. Honda sporting director Gil de Ferran commented that he had done a good job.

Marco said that he had greatly enjoyed the test but also told reporters that he wishes to enter Formula One only after he has won the Indy 500. So, probably not right now. But I think that he would do quite well. We'll see.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment