Tuesday, August 13, 2013

What kind of vehicle should I buy for living in the snowbelt?

sports cars ratings on Amazon.com: Le Guide D'amsterdam: Ou Description De Ce Qu'il Y A De ...
sports cars ratings image



SweetPea


I live in the snowbelt of Central New York and drive 25 miles to work one way every day. I know I want a 4 door and it MUST be 4WD or AWD. We will be starting a family soon so it needs to be "car seat/kid friendly." I'm looking for the vehicle that will give me the most bang for my buck. I have a car to use as a trade in but no additional cash to put down. I don't need a lot of bells and whistles but I currently drive a sports car so looks DO matter a little bit. But most important is its ability to go in the snow, reliability, gas mileage and crash ratings. Any recommendations?


Answer
How about a Subaru Impreza. They are like a four door sports car and are very sporty looking, get great fuel economy, and aren't extremely expensive. Also, what about a jeep? It isn't a sports car, but they do get around awesome in the snow.

What car offers the most "bang for the buck?"?




Meredith


I've been toying with getting a new car. My criteria:
-- antilock brakes
-- excellent safety ratings
-- reliable
-- good mileage
-- automatic transmission
-- four door
-- as inexpensive as possible!

My husband has a sports car, so I'd like something that offers more versatility. I always drive Corollas, but I'd like to branch out! I welcome your suggestions.



Answer
I would probably go with other compact or mid-size Japanese offerings. Nissan Altima, Maxima, Honda Accord, etc.

Volvos aren't always cheap to fix. I wouldn't consider them or most other European vehicles unless your husband does all the maintenance work on your cars.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment