Saturday, August 17, 2013

how would police officers catch someone who has stolen a high end sports car?

sports cars videos on Sparco Racing Helmetsbell Star Infusion Sah2010 Auto Racing Helmet ...
sports cars videos image



Rico


i was just watching some police videos with good old Sheriff john bunnell, and the people running usually have crappy cars, but what would the police do if they have no air support, and they were chasing a lambo or ferrari or some exotic sports car?


Answer
Spike strips.

Most of those high end sports cars also have automatic shutoffs via phone. Assuming they know the owner, they can call a code and the engine will shut off.

When learning how to drive should I learn manual or automatic?




Tyler


I am 15 and about to start studying for my drivers permit. I have always dreamt about owning a sports car and would my consider myself a car enthusiast. I have spent countless hours watching youtube videos of cars, obsessing over car pictures and dealer websites, reading and watching tv shows like topgear bbc. I want to learn how to drive stick because it looks like fun, a great experience and because I would have to generalize that most sports cars are manual or it would just be a shame to buy them in automatic and not get as pleasurable as an experience. I have seen videos showing how to drive stick but I have never actually had an opportunity to do so.
A couple problems I have are:
1) nobody in my immediate family drives stick shift.
2) my folks think that buying a manual transmission car decreases the value
3) I have to admit that as much as I would love to drive stick, I am somewhat intimidated by how it looks driving with the clutch and the gear changes and just the overwhelming complications to get started.

So would it benefit for me to take my license test and learn with an automatic car, and then learn stick on the side or what?



Answer
I learned to drive on a manual back in the 1960s. Partly because they were cheaper in those days, they got better gas mileage, required less maintenance, and because my dad wanted my sister and me to learn to handle any kind of car. (Some cars in those days came only with manual transmissions!) I have always had manuals, except these days I do a lot of rush-hour stop-and-go driving and an automatic is better for that so my current car is an automatic.

These days, though, it's not even easy to find a car with a manual transmission unless it's one of those super-expensive toys they play around with on Top Gear (and even those often have automatic clutches, so you just pick a gear). These days I'm not sure you could even find a driving instructor who uses a manual! Automatics get the same fuel efficiency, they don't cost more, they have probably LESS maintenance because there's no clutch to wear out.

Back in the 90s I got into an argument with my GF. We were looking for a new car for her and she wanted a 4 on the floor (actually they're 5 on the floor now but nobody says that 'cos it doesn't rhyme!) We were going to a Chevy dealership to look at cars, and I bet her that most Corvettes were sold with automatic transmissions. They're more about status and image than sportiness, I thought. She thought most would have manuals because they're 'sports cars'. So we made a bet. I asked the salesman and he said maybe 90% were automatics, in fact if you wanted a manual you had to order it special. I would bet on today's Corvette you can't even get a manual!

And the funny thing is, EVERY motorcycle is manual! There are never more than one or two models of automatic motorcycles, and they don't sell well. Go figure! Yet motorscooters are all automatic!

You're not going to be getting that Porsche or Maserati or Aston Martin for your first car. 8^) If you learn to drive automatic, you get all that stuff out of the way, and if you got a manual later, you'd only need to learn how to work the shift and clutch. It looks complicated but it's really not that hard once you get a feel for the clutch.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment