Saturday, April 26, 2014

new car sales disclosures in washington state?




sky


I have bought a new car in 2009 in Washington state, its a luxury sedan that has given me problems eversince I bought it.
I had lots of warranty repair done, 6 times for the same problem! Now I accidently been handed a vehicle report by the car repair shop that shows the history of my cars repair.
In it I read that my new car had the entire steering wheel column replaced before it was sold to me . That was not diclosed by the dealership when I bought the car ? Should it have been ? They also fixed a recall on that car before I bought it , also not disclosed!
Is that grounds enough to ask the dealership to buy back my car ? I am tired of , its a sweet ride, but not sweet enough to have it fixed every other month , especially not since warranty will run out one day!
What are my legal options, does anybody know????
Yes, I am the only owner of this car , and it was brand new when I bought it !
However Lemon Law usually covers only defects that prohibit the safe operation of the vehicle. I have electrical problems with my car , including the electrical power steering did not work as soon as it was delivered to the dealership. That is what caused them to replace the entire steering column. However the question remains, should that not have been disclosed to me before I bought the car. That is not a minor cosmetic repair that was done!?



Answer
If this car is NEW - if you are the ONLY registered owner, and you bought the car BRAND NEW - then you may have cause for a Lemon Law claim. But I stress - ONLY if the car was bought brand new. If you bought it used, then you own the car and its problems. They have no obligation to you, or that car, outside of the written warranties.

ADD: I am pretty sure I could make the case that, in today's cars, electrical system malfunctions are indeed related to safe operation. The dealer is not going to buy it back, so forget that. Get to the service maanger and tell him you need to speak to the area representative.

As to the items replaced and recalls performed, no, they are not required to inform you.

what is the best winter and luxury car for my money?







like i will be starting to drive in the winter....yay....but i want to buy a luxury car/SUV that will do good in tons of snow...i have $7,000. gas MPG: eh. i dont care, the car just needs to be either AWD or FWD. im not paying for the gas my mommy is haha (hey i pay for the car and any repairs :/) and i dont care what it looks like on the outside, as long as the interior makes up for it ha plus i want to look at whatever else you guys suggest. no german cars though. and these are what i am considering:

2003 Buick rendezvous
2004 Cadillac escalade
1998 Buick Lesabre
1999 Buick buick century limited
1999 cadillac sts seville

i was told no german cars. because if there is a technological problem, my dad will not fix it. and i was also told "think GM!!!" so basically only buick and cadillac. i cant find any that is even close to the full $7,000... gas money? lol

and my wanted options are: heated seats, leather, AUX/USB imput for my ipod touch, tilt steering wheel and power seats.
willing to sacrifice the: heated seats or ipod touch compatability...dont say "but it has casette!" i dont own any casettes lol i actually forgot what those were lol



Answer
==== go shopping online and local newspapers -- car sale weekly paper -- motor trend -- read the magazine for cars at the 7=11 ==== shop for a Chevy TAHOE == much better than a sedan as you have listed in yo question ....




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment