Sunday, April 13, 2014

Luxury car for college bound? Lease or buy?




walk on wa


ok my dad is being such a dick he &mystepmom& mom&stepdad said i could get a nice car for college and my bday(both in november) ,(all agreed to split the $) and now he's backin out saying it doesn't seem "practical" and that i should jus wait til after i graduate cuz it's inconvienent 2 have a car in the city and it's"extravagant". well i personally like 2 have the best of everything and dont u agree girls will like me more then other guys?!. And would u reccomend I maybe jus lease one? or buy a used lux car(thinking jag x-type, or benz c-class, then upgrade after I graduate to a higher end model as I bring in my own salary). But the deal was we were not gona spend more then 15-20k tops(we have connections).

ps. In addition this is a private university and I know kids will be driving nicer Brand New cars so spare the sarcastic comments about how I'm a spoiled & entitledc uz I DON"T wana hear it. I'm a pretty good kid, had jobs b4,saved$, was on tennis,swim team&4-hclub. so yeh



Answer
Lease a car. As a college student, money is probably tight. Payments are lower on a lease. And if you are mostly going to be diving locally and not very often (no long road trips), you can get even lower payments by going for a low mileage lease.

After a couple of years, you can lease another car, making the objects of your affection impressed when you drive up in new wheels once again.

How do luxury car rental companies get their cars? Do they purchasethem, get from auction or lease them?




DzynOne


Specifically, the exotic car rental companies. Just curious how they make a profit since the cars are mostly over 100k and they have a lot in their fleet. Doesn't seem to be a high volume business.


Answer
They probably lease them - it is for a short time, often they will be kept for a year or say 10,000 miles so they off load the car before maintenance is an issue.
The daily or hourly rental is expensive.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment