Saturday, March 22, 2014

I am buying a new car, Under 60k Canadian. Suggestions?




Ryan _


I'm looking at new vehicles and am soliciting advice and/or opinions. My absolute hard limit is 60 000$ Canadian and I would prefer to be below this. I would mention monthly payments, but that would be a bit misleading considering we would end up at different payments based upon different credit ratings etc...

Though it seems cliché to say I want a " fast " car... I am looking at performance vehicles in what might be termed the " sport " class. I present my two current leaders as far as picks go, but I should emphasize that I am interested in other options as well, especially if they have the same features that appeal to me in the listed cars. Also, I am currently looking at new vehicles. I am aware that they depreciate extremely fast, however they also come with brand new warranties and I want the peace of mind that comes from purchasing something I know just rolled out of the factory.

Current Picks :

BMW 135i Coupé.
* Sport Package, Premium Sound Package, Comfort Package, Premium Package. Couple other things. Total Price on Canadian Site: 55 600$

Basic Stats: 6 Speed Steptronic, 3.0 L Straight 6, 300 Hp, 300 lb-ft of Torque. RWD.

Why I like it: Has awesome looks, I like the straight 6 since it is a naturally balanced engine. BMW definitely has name recognition, both as a status thing but also for myself. I have driven an older 325i extensively and I really enjoy it. It is quick as hell from all reports that I've read, but a quick brush along the specs sheets show that they [BMW] pay a ton of attention to the little things in an automobile. It definitely fits has the " luxury " bit covered. Did I mention it looks killer?


----------------

Chevrolet Camaro, 2SS,
* Rally Sport Package, Some Stuff. Total Price on Canadian Site: 46 115$

Basic Stats: 6 Speed Manual or 6 Speed Steptronic, 6.2L V8, 426 Hp, 420 lb-ft of Torque. RWD

Why I like it: Absolutely great styling. To be honest, the movies (the car is used in Transformers) have given me an appreciation for the vehicle since I get to see it moving around. It is for sure a big noisy power car... I can appreciate that. The interior looks amazing. I suppose what I really like best is the styling.


-----------------

Thank for any suggestions you guys might have, I would appreciate any reasoning behind your picks as well. On a more personal note, this is my inaugural yahoo answers question.



Answer
In my opinion the BMW is a much better option. They are excellent cars and come with free maintenance. I have had nothing but problems with everything from General Motors and I am sure that I am not the only one. That is why they are in bankruptcy. Another one you might consider is the Lexus IS F.

what is the fastest entry level luxury car? 60k and under?




John





Answer
Luxury cars are built for comfort, not for speed.

Sports cars are built for speed.

I don't care about speed at all so I'm not going to look up top speeds. It's an irrelevant spec in my opinion. But if you're looking for a very good high end sport luxury sedan that is as fast as you'll ever need to go look no further than the BMW 3 series (sorry, you can't afford an M), Audi S4, Lexus IS or the Mercedes Benz C63 AMG. Don't overlook the Cadillac CTS.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment