Friday, March 21, 2014

First sports car?!?




IVO D


I am 21 years old but I am planning to buy a sports car in about two years or so. I am looking for advise that can help me choose my first sports car for good money. What can you recommend me as first buy and under 30 thousand dollars. It doesn't matter if its a second hand or brand new one. So please share your oppinion! Thanks...


Answer
C4 series corvette, you will never get a better car for the dollar. Check out CORVETTE magazine. I think there is a C4 market study in the recent one

great first cars 16 yo boy??!?




John W


I want a new suv or hatchback or wagon for under 20 G that i can rely on mostly japanese car. All help needed!


Answer
I would definately say the Mazda 3 Sport Wagon, or the Honda Fit.

The Mazda 3 is constantly winning car magazine comparisons against cars like the Honda Civic Coupe, VW Rabbit (Golf), and is the car that I will be buying. It's cool-looking, fun to drive, and can be equiped with all kinds of safety equipment. The back seats fold flat to give you almost as much room as most SUV's, and because it's much lighter, you don't need as much power to be just as fast, and much better in the corners.

The Honda Fit isn't as cool looking, but it's definately more practical. It's too-new a car to tell if it's going to be as reliable as other Hondas, yet. It is a very nimble car in the city, even able to out-pace the Corvette Z06 in one magazine's slolam course. I don't remember which magazine it was, but it beat it. Not as poised on the highway, as it's lower power makes it have to try harder to keep up at high speeds, and is more prone to being affected by wind. It has better gas milage, though. Plus, it's back seats not only fold flat into the floot, but the seat itself also folds up, giving you a very tall area to hold things, like a bike, standing up, inside your car, with the doors closed. Few cars can do that.

Don't be fooled into thinking that SUV's can haul a lot of cargo. Because most are built on truck platforms, most of the space is taken up by chassis. Most minivans actually have more space inside than most SUV's, since they don't have huge heavy-duty parts that take up a lot of the room.

I work retail, and load things into people's cars every day. It's amazing how little space many SUV's have.

Plus, you're 16...you can spend 50% less on gas, and your insurance will be MUCH lower with both of these vehicles.

Since you're a relatively new driver, having a smaller vehicle will be MUCH MUCH MUCH easier to park, and drive in the city, and won't doo as much damage if you hit someone else. Neither of the two vehicles I mentioned are cramped. My 6'3" friend drives a Honda Fit, and loves it.

The Nissan Versa is alright too...it's about right in the middle of all of the measurements, but to me, it's the ugliest of the three cars, just because it's kinda boring.

edit: Why is everyone bagging on the new driver? "You're going to crash it anyways..." and "When you have your first accident..." I've been driving for 13 years, and I've only been in 1 accident that wasn't my fault...and that was 2 years ago. Jeez...give the kid a break.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment