Wednesday, January 8, 2014

What Luxury car manufacturer is the cheapest to maintain?

luxury cars highest mpg on 16 'Best Resale Value' cars - Luxury car: Audi A5 (2) - CNNMoney.com
luxury cars highest mpg image



Gavin G


I'm currently looking to buy a used Luxury car with a budget of $15,000. I'm leaning towards a 5/7 series bmw.. But I've also been looking at brands like Mercedes, Porsche, & Audi.
So i was wondering what would be the cheapest to own (Maintenance, Insurance, MPG, etc) & what do you guys think about a 2004 Porshe Cayenne for 10,000 (150,000 miles)



Answer
i think for the states the cost of ownership/maintenance from cheapest to most expensive goes

acura
lincoln
infinity
cadillac
lexus
audi
bmw
mercedes
porsche

personally, i think the cayenne is both a very bad car and an amazing car.
it has such a terrible devaluation that it makes it super easy for people with low money to own a cool car. unfortunately, it has high maintenance costs which if you are not prepared for, can be a nightmare.
if you can afford high maintenance costs, the cayenne is a super cool car because it offers such a great amount of luxury utility and speed that it is hard to match with other used cars. if you however are looking at a $15,000 car because its what you can afford, the cayenne and all other luxury cars are a terrible idea.

How do I know if a cold air intake would benefit my car's performance?




BK C


I drive an Acura CL Type S, and I was told to get a cold air intake to increase horsepower. I was also told it would help by giving me a little bit better gas mileage. I've heard it helps with horsepower, but does it help with gas mileage as well? Also, since my car is basically a half-sports, half-luxury car anyways, would I really notice that much of an improvement at all? My knowledge of automobiles is very limited, so I just learn as I go :)


Answer
The best mod for a N/a car is an intake, most cars see a decent hp jump when buying one of the higher price intakes such as Injen, Aem and etc. You will see better mpg on the highway, you do know that with more power you will be tempted to step on it a little more in the beginning so you might see a little lower since you will enjoy the sound the intake makes when you step on it. The best thing to improve mpg is free up the movement of air into and out of your car.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment