Friday, January 10, 2014

Can you make a good living and support a family being a licensed practical nurse?

luxury cars under 40k on Car of the Year: Family Car
luxury cars under 40k image
Q. Before i get into the description I do not want anyone saying go for an RN instead. Yes they make quite a bit more money than lpn's do but i don't think i want all the legal responsibilities that the registered nurse has plus lpn school is shorter and i would be making money sooner. My main question could I support myself, my spouse, 2-3 kids a 3 floor house, with basement or game room, living room, and upstairs with 2 bedrooms, Pay for the mortgage, Supply food for the family,own a car,pay for the gas, send kids to school, pay for bills and taxes and all of that. I know LPN's can make a decent salary. Can they make up to 60 grand a year. Can i make this good of a living as and LPN and lets say I would be working in a nursing home and I live in the united states is Pennsylvania.
A nice home is fine. I do not need some mansion or anything just a nice looking home same with a car i do not need a jaguar or anything like that. I looked on the computer and it says you can make a good living off of it.


Answer
Only you can define "good living".

Let's pretend you make the $40k median.

That's a house bought at $150k, with excellent credit and 20% down.

That's a car payment of under $300.

And we haven't even gotten to savings, vacations, student loans, emergency funds, health insurance. . .

While this is considered lower middle or middle class, it doesn't get you far. As a young single person, I could probably stretch this well, but a 3 story house with a game room and 3 kids and a spouse? You'd be living paycheck to paycheck without many luxuries.



As far as liability, you are a licensed care giver. Screw up, and you are just as at risk for a lawsuit and losing your license as any other licensed health care professional.

What is the best rated luxury car under $40k?




T





Answer
bmw 3 series. voted car of the year

although i like the 5 series much more




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment