Monday, December 16, 2013

I have 6000 (preferebly under) to spend on a used car. What are some of the most reliable/fuel efficient cars?

sports cars under 100k on 1969 Plymouth Sport Satellite Under 100K Miles For Sale in Lakeside ...
sports cars under 100k image



cheeky


I just sold my sports car due to gas milage and being a struggling college student insurance kind of stunk. I have 6000 (but prefer to spend 3500-5000) on a car. It has to be fuel efficient, reliable (i replaced a transmission in my previous car, and know there will be bills with a used vehicle, but it'd be nice if it had a low maintenance reputation), and under 100k miles. A manual is preferred as well.

Some cars i've looked at

cobalts 05-08 (although reviews were scattered and claim all types of problems)

Civics (seem to be overpriced as people ask well over kbb)

Vw jetta tdis (high high miles.)

I'm asking if anyone has any suggested years or models to help me out if possible, thanks for your time.
I forgot to mention slight details. It will need a clean title, and hopefully have decent resale. I don't plan on keeping this car over 2 years before i give it to my girlfriend.

thanks again!
-response to brent.

Appreciate the response, unfortunately 18mpg is what i previously got. I know crown vics run forever, but they're boats in their own way.

I plan on paying off the vehicle in full, and i can do the required tb change at 100/140k every car requires for parts cost in my garage.

I believe 5-6000 is a very reasonable budget for a basic model car 50-90k miles, i don't expect a new off the lot vehicle but considering it's a buyers market i don't see any reason why i shouldn't be able to meet my expectations!

here are some links i picked up just browsing local craigslist. I just need to know what's the best bang for the buck in terms of pairing fuel economy and reliability.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/cto/3636469861.html (clean title, i ran the car fax)

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/cto/3583337307.html

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/3633192183.html



Answer
Go get yourself a late 90s (or younger if you can budget it) Crown Victoria or Grand Marquis (without airbag suspension), pay it in full and get liability insurance with uninsured motorist and enough PIP to get you buy.

Problem solved.

Not the most fuel efficient car, but I'd trust it a lot more than an overpriced POS econobox. Besides, beggars (you) can't be choosy. You need a car that works before anything else and those Ford Panther cars do just that. Your requirements are out of your budget and most econo cars (like any VW and many Hondas) under 100k miles have timing belts and you're going to be forking out over $1000 just to deal with that pretty soon as most of those cars have (tah dah!) a 100k timing belt change interval.

Glad to help.

What is hot sport car under 100k?




TampaBay


What is not sport car under 100k please? No US car please. Japan or Germany only.


Answer
probably a toyota supra.... yu can pretty much get the car for 25k and then with the other 75k u can have it blowing 900hp or so....




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment