Thursday, March 13, 2014

What is worse; driving lowrider or sports car in snow?




Parris





Answer
TRICK QUESTION ! ! !


Sports car is worse. Although I did drive an MGB Roadster through 5 Canadian Winters.

You can put snow tires on a lowrider - push a button - and you have ample ground clearance. A sports car's ride height is fixed and cannot be altered.

whats an american made sports car that will handle descently in the snow?




luddrums


?


Answer
Um...nothing?!? It would have to be at least fwd and the only fwd sports car I know of is a chevy cobalt ss turbo (or the cobalt ss supercharged/ion redline). Even then it has lot's of torque so you'll need dedicated snow tires in the winter. I believe the cobalt ss turbo is made in the US. I know the redline (not sure about the cobalt ss super) was physically constructed in kentucky...but a lot of the parts aren't US origin (like all american cars). Other than that...possibly a dodge srt-4 neon (or possibly caliber).

The Civic Si might be constructed in the US as well...Honda and Toyota build almost all of their US market cars in North America...some in Mexico/central america though.

But yeah...when I was living in the mid-atlantic I ran my car (stage 2+) in the snow and it drove well even uphill with snow tires (Dunlop graspic). Actually, I can honestly say it was fun. But with regular tires...no...you will die (I drove through a colorado blizzard on regular tires) and can't shift into 2nd gear without fishtailing.

Other than that...any RWD car will be HORRIBLE in the snow...and mustangs, gto, camaro, challenger, etc...are all RWD. Even with snow tires it's going to be miserable driving on a rwd car.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment