Sunday, March 9, 2014

What is the difference between a hyundai Sonata and a Hyundai Azera?




JIM


New models, cosmetically, are barely different. And they are only less than 10 cm longer. So why is the Azera cionsidered full-size while the Sonata is only midsize????


Answer
I used to be a big Azera fan, but with the dramatic upgrade in the Sonata, and the introduction of the Genesis, I don't see the point in the Azera.

The Sonata dominates the Accord and Camry hands-down in every category. The Genesis is by far the finest luxury car available under $80k, and full loaded is only half that.

Add to this that all of these vehicles carry a warranty that blows everyone else away, and a JD Power reliability rating that trails only Porche and Lexus.

And to the "know more about jets" dude - I'll buy the best car available for the money, no matter who makes it (right now, that's Hyundai - and unlike other carmakers, they're still improving even further). And unless you've flown them (as I have), you don't know more about jets than me; apparently not cars either.


.

Purchased a car early May of this year. Car had transmission issues.?




Star


Was under warranty. Dealer sent car to two different mechanics. Two different locations. Then I had to send car to Aamco where the car was repaired correctly. When I purched car there was almost 80K on it. All summer I would estimate I maybe had the car in my possession 3 weeks. Now there is almost 85K on it. I did not put all that mileage on the car. Is there a law that prevents mechanics/dealers from driving ones vehicle AFTER vehicle is purchased and registered in owner's name. I know someone was driving my car while it was not in my possession. What can I do? I really don't think it was Aamco. I drove by everyday to check on the car, and car was up on lift. I believe it happened when the dealer sent the car to their mechanics which was an hour away, I could not check to see where the car was.


Answer
There is no law saying that mechanics can't drive your vehicle, if they were to get pulled over they could lie about taking a joy ride and just saying they are testing a new transmission. Also you don't have proof that either one took a ride in it(gaurentee the mechanics didn't do it, how can they drive a car that can't drive?). Unless you find a dropped phone or doughnut from AAMCO inside the car, there's no chance you would even file a complaint. A complaint or lawsuit doesn't do anything to AAMCO. They get sued on a regular basis cause they do bad jobs and start working on other things when you didn't even tell them. Trust me I brought in my lexus(bad tranny) then they started telling me about how the sway bar needs replacing. They also told me I had to pay $4250 for a used tranny to be put in, when I got my own mechanic to do that for $2950.

If you have a luxury/sports car that's fast there's a great chance the guys took it for a ride. It could have been on the lift during that day, when they close their doors they take the car home. If you did stop by after hours and noticed you car was not there, there evidence that your car is driven for pleasure by someone working there.

My advice: never go to large chain companies. They make good money so they don't care of their quality or reputation, as long as they make money their ok with it. AAMCO and Midas and Goodyear are acouple of them. You would be safer at a independent shop cause they want customer satisfaction, and if one were to sue them, they would run out of business and the mechanic(most likely owner) would have to find another job.
I once went to Goodyear and the inexperienced mechanic forgot to put the screw back on after a engine oil change, so they overheated my engine, also I went in once for a tire rotation and inspection, then they forced me to pay $1500 on unneeded repairs such as-new tires, new brakes, new rotors etc.
They also told me that "I couldn't drive my car for 1 year" cause the car couldn't pass emission levels. I told them "what the fuck, I don't give a damn" left for another mechanic and it turned out the emissions were fine.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment