Sunday, March 2, 2014

Need help buying a car.?




Michael


I'm in the market for a new car. I narrow it down to the following models.

1. 2014 Honda Accord V6
2. 2013 Honda Civic EX-L
3. 2013 Ford F-150 V8
4. 2013 Acura ILX
5. Honda CR-V
6. Toyota Camry V6

I Don't really car about gas. What I really care about is which car is going to last me more than 10 years with out many problems. The Honda Accord I know they had problems with the V6. The Civic looks like a good deal but its to slow. The Ford I like it but many bad reviews. The Acura nice luxury car but also many bad reviews. The CRV I read many recalls. The Camry may be the one but I'm scare because Latoya is know for recalls. Out of this car I mention which one is the best one. Should I get a warranty in case the engine or tranny goes bad in any of this car? I need help please help me out and god bless.



Answer
They all have decent warranties, if something doesn't go wrong while it's under the manufacture warranty, it's unlikely to go bad after. Recalls aren't that big a deal. You don't have to pay for them, and they generally aren't anything major. Generally.
I don't think you can go wrong with any of them, but I think you had better consider your aim. Is it mileage, cost of operation, performance, room?
The CRV and the Civic are dogs compared to the rest, I think that particular Acura may be a dog too.
Does the Acura require high test? That can get pricey.
Camry's are a tad boring, but the V-6 models are fast.
I'm unsure about the reliability of the Honda V-6. I've got a 2006, which I bought with 55K on it. I've put 50K on it, and it's never missed a day of service not have I had any engine trouble. Best car I've ever owned and I've been driving for 38 years.

I would pick up a Consumer Reports car guide, and go over reliability info, as reliability appears to be your primary concern. Or spend 12$ and you can get an online subscription.

I stopped buying new cars a few years back. I look for 3 year old cars that are coming off lease. Leases require routine maintenance, you know why they were traded in, and if you buy it from a dealer who sells the same brand new, you are hedging your bets. New car dealers aren't keen on selling unreliable cars, as they are hoping you will come back and buy a new one at some point. The last 6 cars I've bough (me, wife, oldest kid) have been off lease, and they've all been great.

Can a teen afford a 2013 Lexus 450h?




nadia


I'm 15 going onto 16 in 2 weeks. In July I'm going to be working full time during the summer. So I'm going to make at least 3000-4000 max, until the school year starts. I'm Leaving my regular school to do independent studies so I can do my homework whenever and I'm going to have a part time job so I'm guessing I'll be making 400-500 max. My parents are gonna give me money for gas. I have a debit card I put all my money on there but ll the money I make in the summer I'm gonna Give it to my dad because I would normally spend it. I'm gonna also wait two more months so I know how much I make in my part time job. I'm going to be giving the car payments to my dad and all the left over money if there is goes to the gas and maintenance and me if there is any money left. I'm going to go to Beverly Hills Lexus with my dad he knows how to deal with the car business. I obviously can't drive alone until the following year but my brother who's 18 will be driving it in the mean while. Will Insurance be super expensive I'm guessing it will we used to have Allstate and now we have mercury my dad puts my brothers car under his name so he doesn't have to pay so much ? If the car is put under my name will it be expensive or can I put under my dads and then switch it over later on or put it under my moms then switch it to mine? Am I financially able to afford the car? Like oil change? Maintenance? Gas? Insurance? Payments? Etc. I live in Los Angeles btw things are more expensive. Please no sarcastic rude answers telling me I'm crazy just straight forward with the facts. And let me know what other luxury car to get or a really nice car that I can afford?


Answer
Not even kind of.

With taxes and options, that's about a $55K car. Ignoring for a minute that no one is going to sell you a new Lexus with nothing down or only several thousand down, the monthly payment would be roughly $1,000/mo for the next five years. Insurance, probably $200/mo. Maintenance, figure another $100/mo anyway, plus whatever gas you said your parents are paying for.

Ownership cost for that car is approaching $1500/mo, and again, that's a five year commitment. Most adults with college educations and full time, good paying jobs can't afford that car.

At 16 with a part time job......not even close.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment