Friday, February 7, 2014

Car help! What car should i get?




*l*


Sent this ?'s before but im stuck. I either want a BMW 3si or a tuner(supra most likley). What do you think tuner or lugsery? And is the BMW expensive to fix if it brakes? I have $15600





The raven do not answer this ?'s and write chevy. You do that to all the topics and all you want is the points GTFO



Answer
Luxury*

First of all, Supra's are awful choices, they are great if you want to have a car you'll constantly be working on and spending all your money on parts and repair, they're only fun to own as a weekend car/build car. BMW 3 series isn't the way to go either, unless it's a 323 or 325, it's going to be pretty costly to maintain.

I would recommend a Nissan 350Z, Mustang GT, Lexus IS, Acura TSX or TL if you can find one, Nissan 240SX, Pontiac GTO, all of these cars you can pick up for about 15k with anywhere from 40-60k miles on it.

Car Warranty when bought car? Not informed or told..?




Danielle


I bought a car in January of 2011 for 15,000 it had 42,000 miles. Now my problem is that the dealer never told me anything about a factory warranty and tried to have me buy their warranty which I did not. This past August and September of 2012 I kept getting papers in the mail saying my warranty was expired (they weren't from the dealer) I think the dmv? I thought it was junk mail or something...now its October and come to find out the warranty renewal papers I was getting in the mail were not spam or junk mail. I somehow had a factory warranty.. I've looked front to back in all my paper work and nothing is said about the factory warranty what so ever. My question is now shouldn't the dealer have informed me or let me know that there was a factory warranty on the car when I purchased it. The warranty is now expired so can I renew it? I live in NY State if that matters any.
It's an 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. I called Chrysler today they said it was for the powertrain? warranty. But I do have an extended emissions warranty left till 80,000 miles or 15 months which ever comes first is what the lady told me. I just don't understand how the dealer doesn't have to inform me that the car has a warranty on it when I bought it, but yet kept trying to get me to buy there warranty without ever mentioning the factory warranty that was already with it.



Answer
What kind of car is this?
Many factory warranties end @ 3 years or 36K miles.
Some luxury brands offer a 4-5 years or 50K miles.
And Kia, Hyundai and Mitsubishi offer a 5 year, 60K miles.

It's really your job as a consumer to know whether a warranty applies and, if you don't know, ask the questions that pertain to your personal interests.

The mail you keep getting is from a 3rd party warranty company that partners with the dealer for everyone that buys a car. They pay a little money to the dealer for a sales lead and then flood their potential consumers with junk mail.

You cannot renew a factory warranty. They expire. You can look into buying an extened warranty, but you need to know that it's going to cost you upwards of $2K (or more depending on the car) and it may not cover everything you would expect it to. You have to read it carefully to determine their loopholes.

The fact is that many 3rd party warranties are not worth the paper they are written on. If they were paying out claims all of the time and if it were good for the consumer, then they wouldn't be in business.
You are much better off saving your $2K you would have spend on a warranty and paying for basic maintenance and repairs over the next 2-4 years.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment