Sunday, January 12, 2014

Anyone a collector of antique cars? 1937 Packard. How much would you pay? Where is the best place to sell?

luxury cars scottsdale on ... Used Infiniti Website - Featuring the Southwest's Finest Used Cars
luxury cars scottsdale image



Jen


Mint original condition. pics at http://picasaweb.google.com/cjbooksfree


Answer
There are lots of antique car auction, the biggest being Barret-Jackson, know as The Greatest Car Show on Earth.

It's televised on The Speed Channel.

Auctions held in Scottsdale; Palm Beach, and now Las Vegas.

The DuPont Registry, usually available right next to that auto trader magazine at 7-11, list exotic & luxury autos.

Here's one at Brandon Classics for $28,500.

http://www.brandonclassics.com/www/images/1937_packard/1937_packard_coupe.htm

Moving from Los Angeles - where to?




Jane


Hello. My husband and I currently rent a 1 bedroom apt in Hollywood, CA. Currently we pay $1250 just for rent and then of course there are bills on top of that. We are living check-to-check. We want to be able to set aside more money for savings every month. Come June, my husband will be taking online classes. I am self-employed and can work from anywhere. He is studying for an Entertainment Business degree and I also work in music. Being in Los Angeles is great for the entertainment industry, but I just don't know if it's worth it right now. I'd like us to move somewhere where the cost of living is lower and who knows, maybe we can move back after a couple years once hubby finishes school and everything. We have a few items that would require shipping were we to move out of state. We have two cars and would want to ship or drive at least one of them. We have a couple furniture items that we would want to take but most things could be sold and re-purchased. So the question is, where is the most practicle place to move to? My original thought was Florida. But recently I've been thinking it may be better to move somewhere closer where we can drive to so we don't have to pay to ship the car. So I thought of Arizona. But neither of us have ever been there! Phoenix..Scottsdale..Tuscon..where would we even begin? I love the fact that 2 bedroom luxury apartments there go for about $500 less than what we are paying now. I am thinking about making a trip out there but don't even know what city to start with. I'm also open to other suggestions like elsewhere in California... Nevada.. or even a further away state if it makes sense. I know that weather-wise we have it made in southern California, but I have lived here my whole life so I am open to trying something new and that won't hold me back. Just a few things to consider about us : We are a young couple (22 years old) and we are into music and we are Christians. We don't like living in the heart of a big city but having one near-by would be great as I don't think either of us are small-town people. So if anyone has any input on where we should move this June, I would highly appreciate anything that can help me get started planning this out!! haha thanks =)


Answer
You'll find that the grass is not necessarily greener on the other side of the state line.

One thing about moving to another area is that will be most likely be fewer jobs, less entertainment, and the weather will be less pleasant.

You might want to try the high desert, like Hesperia or Apple Valley, to see if that suits you.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment