Monday, November 11, 2013

What are at least 20 news events that happened over the summer?

sports cars quizzes on The MGF, an MG for the 1990s and beyond, has the same two-seat ...
sports cars quizzes image



Kate


My school has current events quizzes, so I need to know 20 news events that happened over the summer. Please no celebrity news. Not to much sports, but some. Political is the best. Both national and international.


Answer
1. Ted Kennedy's death,

2.Michael Jackson's, even though you said no celebrity, that was big news.

3.The fact Jackson's doctor was giving him anesthesia in his house but no surgery, sorry, but news.

4.North Korea was threatening to shoot missiles at the US on the 4th of July, but didn't.

5.Swine flu is still around and has killed a few hundred people and they think it could come back.

6. President Obama's health care plan has not passed, many are for and against it.

7. St. Louis Cardinals are 9 games ahead of the Chicago Cubs in the National league Central Division (sorry but could not resist that)

8. A girl kidnapped 18 years ago was found today (August 27) and apparently had 2 kids by her kidnapper.

Sorry, that's all I can come up with. Good luck

Look in Wikipedia under 2009. They have a month by month review of the year. See if there is anything you can use. One big one I forgot was

9. the Air France crash in the Atlantic off Brazil

10. The collision of a plane and helicopter over the Hudson River, killing all on board both. Close to where the plane safely went down in January.

11. Protests about President Obama's health care plan, related to #6. Senators and Congressmen and women are being booed at Town Hall meetings.

12. Weird weather all over. Droughts in Texas, too much rain in the Northeast; cool weather in the midwest in July and August, hot, dry weather in normally cool, wet Northwestern US.

13. Wild fires in California

14. Nearly total economic collapse in California's government and in other state, and local governments.

15. Car companies going bankrupt, Chrysler, GM

16. Cash for clunkers, people turn in old, gas guzzlers for new cars with a $4500 or so rebate. Old cars are destroyed completely.

I have Hyperpigmentation on my neck and collarbone area. How?what can I do to reverse this effect?




CJ


I play sports and spend a lot of time in hot rays for a number of area.. and I'm "light skin" so the damage will be done. My neck has certain black areas that are disturbing. What creams can I find that are the best at Walgreen, Rite Aid, Walmart, or K-Mart to help the best?


Answer
Your tan will fade after several months even years, depends how old you are now. I was a vendor outside, sitting only in the shade, until a car parked in front of me, the glass reflecting right @ me, during sunset, caused my chest to tan (not burn) and discolored, for about 3 weeks. Use a wash cloth to exfoliate, allowing new skin to take over, when you take a shower and use bath & body wash.

I've been protecting myself from the sun since I was 9.

1. Because I don't want to look like a farmer.
2. Because I get too hot.
3. I want to look like movie stars & models, they have blemish-free skins.
4. I don't want to look like an old prune or get moles on my neck & face like my aunts.

No matter, I still got Discoid Lupus (Google it), caused from the sun. It took 12 years for them to fade. Tried all kinds of lotions that were prescribed to me, and none of them worked. More & more now I protect myself and I take my wide brim hat everywhere I go, or use an umbrella. Floppy hats are back in style. In Asia, they use umbrella all the time. Here in the States, people started to catch on, and I see people walking w/umbrella, they are used on the beach, and they sell patio umbrellas. It was invented for a reason and also to protect us from getting skin cancer. Wear long jackets, or denim a lot. Even inside a car, the heat alone from the sun can tan anyone.


RE SKIN LIGHTENING:
The FDA have banned 23 more whitening products. Google it. About 17,600,000 results.
The reason cited for the proposed ban is that studies in rodents show "some evidence" that hydroquinone may act as a carcinogen or cancer-causing chemical, although its cancer-causing properties have yet to be proved in humans. Hydroquinone also has been linked with the medical condition known as ochronosis in which the skin becomes dark and thick. Dome-shaped yellowish spots and grayish-brown spots also are observed in ochronosis among black women and men in South Africa, Britain, and the U.S. Ochronosis has been observed in conjunction with hydroquinone use even in persons who have used hydroquinone-containing cosmetics for a short time. Some studies also report abnormal function of the adrenal glands and high levels of mercury in people who have used hydroquinone-containing cosmetics. For these reasons, hydroquinone has already been banned in Japan, the European Union, and Australia. Including BB creams.

Any skin-lightening products containing hydroquinone would be considered new drugs, according to the proposed FDA regulations. The products would require FDA approval before being sold to the public and would only be available with a doctor's prescription.
Skin Creams, Gels, Soaps and Lotions Marketed as Skin Lighteners and Anti-aging Treatments: May Contain the Toxic Metal, Mercury.
Take the Skin Picture Quiz - Identify These Common Skin Conditions on MedicineNet.
One YA poster used lemon on her skin: "i use 2 put lemon on my face mostly my chin area, and wat happend it dried it out and actually made it look darker and now looks discoloredâ¦"




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment