Sunday, November 17, 2013

How do I convince my parents to get me an iPhone 4S for Christmas?

luxury cars with manual transmission on Manual Transmission Stock Photography - Image: 11849012
luxury cars with manual transmission image



Adam


So I am a good kid! I am 14 years old. I don't play video games and am not on the computer unless the folks are asleep and I have nothing better to do so I'm not a screen bug. My dad has a Mercedes E Class and an Audi A8 and every 3 nights, I go in there wipe the whole body down with a wet rag and a dry rag. When I clean all the dirt off, I polish both the cars. I then start the engines to make sure the transmission doesn't hesitate or bug. I change the oil since the Benz eats it up every 2,000 miles. I have read the instruction manuals for both cars and know them inside out and really do my best to keep them running in good order. I replace parts on the car while my dad just pays for the part from a guy he knows who has "connections". I also just wet sanded the headlight covers and they are not yellow anymore like they used to be. They are perfectly shiny! But I think this is quite a bit for a 14 year old to be doing 2 huge, expensive and delicate luxury cars that he always gets positive comments on. I also fill and repair any dents and paint discolorations and scratches. Would you get me a little iPhone 4S if I did all of that for you? I mean I spend 3-4 hours in the garage every 2 nights or so. I really try my best and I do very well in school, have never had any teacher incidents and always try to do something productive in my free time. What am I doing wrong? Everytime I ask, they say I don't need one or "use your mother's" which doesn't work good and is always buried underneath all of her stuff that is in her purse. I was actually mistaken by a security guard for stealing until my mom came and explained the whole situation. Please, I just want to be able to contact family and friends when needed. Please give me some tips and sorry it was so long. Thank you kind folks.


Answer
Wait - you don't have any phone at all? Most 14 year olds are already doing things where their parents actually want to contact them so it's for the parent's benefit too to let you have a phone. I bet you if you told your parents that was the only thing you wanted for Xmas that you could get one. You could sweeten the deal by telling them that they can put an app on it to track where you are. Truly you're not even asking for the 5 and the 4S is only $99 with a 2 year plan. So basically - your Xmas present will probably cost them <$500 over the course of a year if they add you to their plan. That doesn't really seem like too much to someone that drives such nice cars. I don't drive a nice car and my kid still has a phone. Figure out which plan your parents are on and then go to the website to find out how much adding a new smartphone to the plan would cost per month. Then figure out how much money they probably spent on you last xmas and put together a powerpoint preentation showing that it's probably the same amount of money over the year and how beneficial it will be to them for you to be able to call them and how it will improve your social life to be able to imessage and ichat all your friends that also have iphones.

why are manual transmission mercedes benz cars have such low resale value?




Pikachu <3


are benz known to have some sort of bad manual transmission reputation? do they go bad quickly? or is it just the fact that since benz is a luxury line anything that isn't automatic has lower demand and lower standards? explanation please?
overdrive/vvt usually doesn't kick in until higher rpms

one recognizable car brand name that has intelligence on overdrive in the lows is honda's i-vtec but thats probably it...maybe toyota as well.



Answer
Benz' are considered luxury vehicles and a strong majority of owners want an automatic transmission. Having a standard limits the potential buyers that will be interested in buying your car.

On the flipside of that, if someone wants a standard Benz, they will look for one & keep searching until they find it.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment