Tuesday, January 21, 2014

I have a sports car, will a pizza place hire me as a delivery driver?

sports cars for hire on ... Sports Car Rental, Exotic Shelby AC Cobra Hire - G-Force Sports Cars
sports cars for hire image



Justin


I'm 18 and I've had my license for 2 years. I have a squeaky clean driving record, and a good job resume. I drive a Nissan 350z. Would this be a problem or a benefit for an employer hiring a delivery driver? Also, what are the perks to being a delivery driver? Would you recommend it?


Answer
I am 18 and i drive my father's old bmw 650i and i have a job as a pizza delivery guy, they could not really care less about what kind of car you drive

Why American sports cars dont have the global appeal of a Ferrari or Lambo or Jag?




MATHEW


I have always loved our Camaros ,Mustangs and Fire birds and i am amazed people around the world take Ferraris,Mercs as some sort of Exotics.

I have even driven Them in Los Angles and i dont think them as great as people says.
These cars are good The do perform and do every thing well but they simply dont have the the dark, hairy, muscle image of our pony cars.
And also the costs and the repair costs every time u have to be so much careful with them a simple nick can cost u so much.
So the entire fun of driving one is lost.
I would prefer a Mustang for the so called Exotics



Answer
Look at the market - Where do American cars sell? Only in America. The fact remains, we Europeans cannot afford to drive the ludicrously polluting and un-economical vehicles that America produces. We pay nearly 4 times as much for gas/petrol as you, are taxed MUCH more heavily on emissions...added to the fact our roads are more narrow and bendy...so we need cars that are designed for these conditions - and don't get me wrong, I loved the Mustang LX I hired in LA, but it would be damned near impossible to live with in the United Kingdom.
Granted your cars 'perform', but stick a 5.6 hemi V8 in anything, and it'll 'perform' - European sports cars tend to be far more refined, and come from a different motorsport herritage. The US history of drag racing and NASCAR is all very impressive and has resulted in some fantstic engines, but cornering has never been a priority.
And I agree - servicing on Ferrari's et al is LUDICROUS..but if you can afford one in the first place, what's another £5k a quarter?
You have, with your question, in many ways proved my final point - national pride. Italian's drive Ferraris, German's drive Porsches, and American's drive muscle. The roads the cars were developed on reflect how they perform/drive...and as such, the market for American cars around the world is very limited. Plus, they are often only available in LHD, and that puts off a large number of UK buyers.

Hope this helps.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment