Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Who was the race car driver killed when the front of his stock car was ripped off?

sports cars of the 80's on Bubble Bobble - Mobile Java Games
sports cars of the 80's image



bamakodake


I keep "seeing" this memory of a race on TV from the 80's or 70's. Not sure if it was ABC Sports. The stock cars were racing there was a wreck where the front of the race car was torn off. The passenger compartment was open, you could see the driver. The car was spinning and was backwards, the driver looking at the field coming up on him, when another car slammed into him. What race was that? Who was the driver killed and who was the driver that slammed into him?


Answer
The wreck I believe you are referring too is the the crash in the Sportsman race in 1969 when Massachusetts driver Don MacTavish crashed coming off turn 4. I believe it was lap 7 and he was driving a Gene White Ford or Comet when it started to rain. The wreck happened right in front of me. I always felt the caution should have been waved the lap before.... the car that hit him I believe was driven by Sam Sessions.

Did the car Vector first come out in 1989?




Jesse Mach


I read that the Vector sports car didn't come out until 1989, but I could have sworn when I was a little kid in the early 80's I saw posters for the Vector car at my local five and dime store. Am I imagining this?


Answer
Your not imagining, there was a prototype/concept model W2 that came out in the late 70's. Production began in 1989

Check out this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vector_Motor

That will probably answer most of your questions about one of the best looking cars ever made




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment