Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Help deciding on which car to buy?

sports cars under 75000 on Cheapest Cars Online- Find Cheap Cars under $10,000 Sell Cars Online
sports cars under 75000 image



Katie B


Hello, I am trying to buy a new car, I'm almost 21 and this will be my first car (sad I know) but I have been saving up because I didn't want my parents to have to pay for my car.

So my dad and I are debating what car to get,
There is this 2003 infiniti fx35 which is what I want, and I am in love with it, it has 93,000 one trusted owner who traded it in for a newer infiniti and has all the records of maintenance. the price on this car is 15,000 because we know the dealer

And my dad is in love with the Honda CR-V's which I honestly cant stand, given this is important since I'll be the one driving it. But he will be helping me with the payments and it'll be like a family car. Anyways the Honda has 120,000 miles on it, and is a 2007. the price is 14,000 or 13,500 at least.

Although I know Honda's are 4cy and infinit is 6cy, and infiniti will probably be more expensive to insure but we could put the insurance under my dad's name, even tho I have a very clean record ( well I don't have a car, no wonder why my record is very clean)


So what are you guys' thoughts on this. any recommendation would be helpful,

Thank you
Which one is more reliable?



Answer
For the most part an Infiniti will retain its residual value much higher compared to a Honda over time hence the reason why a 2003 model is selling for $15K. In terms of reliability, Infiniti & Honda are both reliable manufacturers however they both compete in two entirely different segments. The Infiniti FX35 was the first luxury coupe-like-SUV of its kind which reinvented the word "crossover" for many years to come. After the birth year of the Infiniti FX there later rippled the creation of the Porsche Cayenne, BMW X6 & Acura ZDX. Over all an Infiniti is far more superior then a Honda, the driving dynamics of an Infiniti are far more engaging and involving to drive. Performance wise, the FX35 composed a 3.5 Liter V6 rated at 280 horsepower while the 2007 Honda CR-V composes a 2.4-liter 4 cylinder engine rated at 166 horsepower. The FX35 is a great luxury SUV however it is the least bit economical, in terms of MPG the FX35 is the epitome of a gas guzzler rated at an estimated 15 City and 22 Highway, but then again with performance what else can you expect? When its comes to performance the Infiniti has always been the best peforming luxury sports car next to the BMW in the luxury segment. Infiniti is essentially the Japanese BMW the same way Lexus is like the Japanese Mercedes. The FX35 simply has more character and poise, then again it is a luxury SUV so its not a very fair comparison next to the Honda CR-V. The CR-V is a great car, its economical and in retrospect much cheaper to maintain then an Infiniti. Honestly as much as I love the Infiniti, if this is your first car I would recommend a cheap reliable and affordable SUV. An Infiniti will have higher repair cost and maintenance cost while the CR-V demands very little. The CR-V is more practical and its a great first car. My point is both SUV's are targeted to two entirely different drivers with different expectations. If you truely want a luxury car why dont you get a 2004-2006 Infiniti G35 sedan/coupe, they are better on gas and just as fun to drive.

Examples:
2005 Infiniti G35 sedan: 78K miles, $14,560
http://autos.yahoo.com/used-cars/infiniti-g-cars4301259236279449738;_ylt=ApFMHaFO23cW1JUlVoxL0Zu_..p_;_ylv=3?bodystyle=sedan&sortcol=price&sortdir=up&modelyearub=2006&modelyearlb=2005&askpriceub=any&askpricelb=any&deliverymileageub=100000&deliverymileagelb=75000&location=Pompano+Beach%2C+FL+33065&listingtype=used&model=g&make=infiniti&distance=75

2005 Infiniti G35 sedan: 94K miles, $11,977
http://autos.yahoo.com/used-cars/infiniti-g-cars5096591522602173380;_ylt=Ar9N5rNNSbPx5kcyKq6MeBy_..p_;_ylv=3?bodystyle=sedan&sortcol=price&sortdir=up&modelyearub=2006&modelyearlb=2005&askpriceub=any&askpricelb=any&deliverymileageub=100000&deliverymileagelb=75000&location=Pompano+Beach%2C+FL+33065&listingtype=used&model=g&make=infiniti&distance=75




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment